Why ''York away''? Should be Northampton.....

It's not about loyalty. It's about remembering where we've come from - hence the moans about arrogance, which those who were one of the 8000, or at York (or Northampton) are unlikely to share. Plus York was the first match where you couldn't shift spare tickets before the game!

Alex Harley said:
xgorton wrote:
Talking about low times i was at maine rd v swindon in the old 2nd division 8,015 was there in a 63,000 stadium we lost 2-1,remember sat down on steps in the kippax watching game plenty of room,also northampton went up that season into the top flight they only stayed for 1 season.

I remember that game wasn't there hours of torrential rain before that game hence the small attendance
York away I was working but was my son's first ever away game Was a very quiet Saturday night in our house After that game the rise began
Another game sticks in my memory was a 1-0 defeat at Wycombe away on the very day we buried sis in laws husband a lifelong blue Another night of despair
We were bad that season and we had plenty of 12 and 10,000 crowds also we had just got beat in a replay in the fa cup to shrewsbury in midweek.

Lowest Ebb? York away? Bollocks.

Our lowest point was in Ferbuary when we took a single blue away to Colchester. That's all - one single solitary fan. I know, coz it was me.

Trouble was, we were playing Walsall at home that day.

;-)

Prestwich_Blue said:
peoffrey said:
As others have said, York was the lowest ebb the Club sank to in that 98/99 season and it's a case of many remembering where they were when we lost to them. Some where there some weren't. I myself wasn't but recall watching the results come in on TV. They used to flash down in alphabetical order and we were obviously last because it was Y for York. I think I punched the floor.

Wasn't at York but immediately after it I booked a holiday to New York flying out the day before the play-off final. I'd already given up on automatic promotion and after that result, we certainly weren't going to get into the play-offs were we?

Forgive me for not knowing, but did you still go to New York?

if its on tickets available,colchester away,i think we got 526.plus it was on telly.that was a dark ,dreary and dangerous place.remember some lad up front causing us loads of mither for a while until andy morrison went up for a header with him and knocked him out! class! the goat scored a belter. walking away from ground,trying to keep very quiet,when some cockneys behind me started giving me grief,then tried tripping me up,when i turned round it was my best mates 2 cousins,who'd spotted me,and were having a laugh,both utd season ticket holders,born and bred in colchester.fair play to em though,thats a long trip every other week for a home game

peoffrey said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
peoffrey said:
As others have said, York was the lowest ebb the Club sank to in that 98/99 season and it's a case of many remembering where they were when we lost to them. Some where there some weren't. I myself wasn't but recall watching the results come in on TV. They used to flash down in alphabetical order and we were obviously last because it was Y for York. I think I punched the floor.

Wasn't at York but immediately after it I booked a holiday to New York flying out the day before the play-off final. I'd already given up on automatic promotion and after that result, we certainly weren't going to get into the play-offs were we?

Forgive me for not knowing, but did you still go to New York?
It was all booked and paid for so had to. But on the Sunday morning we were invited round to someone's house for Brunch so we asked if we could use their computer to get a commentary or something. We got it for about the last 10 minutes of normal time and learned we were 2-0 down. Then of course it was those incredible last few minutes and we went mad.

The Yanks there assumed we'd won the equivalent of the Superbowl or World Series until we explained we'd actually come third in the Third Division. One of them shook his head and said "Wow. What would you guys be like if you ever win something important?"

goatastuta said:
if its on tickets available,colchester away,i think we got 526.plus it was on telly.that was a dark ,dreary and dangerous place.remember some lad up front causing us loads of mither for a while until andy morrison went up for a header with him and knocked him out! class! the goat scored a belter. walking away from ground,trying to keep very quiet,when some cockneys behind me started giving me grief,then tried tripping me up,when i turned round it was my best mates 2 cousins,who'd spotted me,and were having a laugh,both utd season ticket holders,born and bred in colchester.fair play to em though,thats a long trip every other week for a home game

Think we got more than that.... I do seem to recall Northampton had the lowest away allocation in that league, but happy to be corrected.
I think it was Lua Lua who was giving City grief up front.
Magic moment before the game for me was walking past the army barracks, with a few soldiers on guard at the gates..... about 20 City fans stood and chanted ''Blue Army, Blue Army'' at them... funny as fuck!

This is the season we should never forget where we have come from in 13 years.

2-0 down at Wembley, I had been to 90% of the games that season including Colchester, Northhampton and York away, moments after the goal went I was in dispair thinking I would have to go to all those sh*tholes again.

Horlocks goal was a consolation and Dicky's goal was unbelievable.

The shoot out was high drama.

What a game and night

kippax_blueboy said:
This is the season we should never forget where we have come from in 13 years.

2-0 down at Wembley, I had been to 90% of the games that season including Colchester, Northhampton and York away, moments after the goal went I was in dispair thinking I would have to go to all those sh*tholes again.

Horlocks goal was a consolation and Dicky's goal was unbelievable.

The shoot out was high drama.

What a game and night

we should turn this thread in to 98 / 99 memories thread (if we already havent!) or start a new one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.