Why ''York away''? Should be Northampton.....

kippax_blueboy said:
York was a low point that season but so was Doncaster in the First Round of the Cup. City fans fighting each other and abusing the management team. it was horrible.

I went to every game apart from Bristol Rovers away.
Sixfields, Slatergate, Priestfield, Sincil Bank, etc were all new to me.

I took my eldest age 1 year to the Northampton home game 0-0 result.
Awful.

The turning point was Wrexham on Boxing Day.

It was Darlington away in the FA Cup, not Doncaster. It was a Friday night and it was the second round, having beaten Halifax at home in the first round. I remember it better than most games that season because it was the only match I went to where I was stone cold sober. I'd had some dental treatment a few days before but developed an infection and was on antibiotics. 5 of us went on the train and we were stood near the dug-out when all that shit was going off. It seemed that a handful of our fans had turned up just to give the players and management team a load of stick. Luckily Dickov scored a brilliant equaliser in the second half to lighten the mood.

M18CTID said:
kippax_blueboy said:
York was a low point that season but so was Doncaster in the First Round of the Cup. City fans fighting each other and abusing the management team. it was horrible.

Awful.

It was Darlington away in the FA Cup, not Doncaster. It was a Friday night and it was the second round, having beaten Halifax at home in the first round. I remember it better than most games that season because it was the only match I went to where I was stone cold sober. I'd had some dental treatment a few days before but developed an infection and was on antibiotics. 5 of us went on the train and we were stood near the dug-out when all that shit was going off. It seemed that a handful of our fans had turned up just to give the players and management team a load of stick. Luckily Dickov scored a brilliant equaliser in the second half to lighten the mood.

darlo that night was funny.half the terracing behind the net was cordoned off with rolls of razor wire going up the terrace! think because it was crumbling down. i think doncaster was under keegan,they beat us on penalties once and beat us fair and square another time.i remember blues fighting each other,mad really coz donny were a really good footballing side,and deserved to beat us.saying that,i was really pissed off! we should never be getting beaten by f*ckin doncaster!!

Although we got beat, York away was a great day.
Got there for about 11am on the train, and had a good 3 hours on the pop.
Then got the train back at about 11pm after having a top night out in York.
The train back was packed out.

I know people say it was the lowest point in our history. I just remember it for being one of those good day's out at the match, barring the result.

goatastuta said:
M18CTID said:
kippax_blueboy said:

Awful.

darlo that night was funny.half the terracing behind the net was cordoned off with rolls of razor wire going up the terrace! think because it was crumbling down. i think doncaster was under keegan,they beat us on penalties once and beat us fair and square another time.i remember blues fighting each other,mad really coz donny were a really good footballing side,and deserved to beat us.saying that,i was really pissed off! we should never be getting beaten by f*ckin doncaster!!
Darlo away was one cold trip
Friday night in early December
Dickov signed my daughter's program before the game started and then came off the sub's bench to get the equaliser
went the weirdest route imaginable over the moors from deepest rossendale

monkeymagic said:
Although we got beat, York away was a great day.
Got there for about 11am on the train, and had a good 3 hours on the pop.
Then got the train back at about 11pm after having a top night out in York.
The train back was packed out.

I know people say it was the lowest point in our history. I just remember it for being one of those good day's out at the match, barring the result.

Well said. I had a similar trip, great train journey home, lowest point in history and everyone was bouncing with "xmas spirit". Makes me cringe to hear younger fans moaning these days !!

98/99 was one of my best attended seasons, I did 51 out of the 58 that we played ! (and I've a good excuse for the 7 that I missed - ha ha ) Happy days, good memories

squirtyflower said:
goatastuta said:
M18CTID said:

Dickov signed my daughter's program before the game started and then came off the sub's bench to get the equaliser
It was freezing that night. Some lads had their tops off must have been mental, certainly one of the coldest games ive been to another being sheff utd away a few years back.

bluecitywugger said:
squirtyflower said:
goatastuta said:
It was freezing that night. Some lads had their tops off must have been mental, certainly one of the coldest games ive been to another being sheff utd away a few years back.

Chelsea away on a Monday night. About 200 of us standing in the old north stand. 1st season of Sky (I think). Or 'Boro away a couple of seasons back are the coldest I've ever been. Fucking freezing.

is there a video of this season to watch on the internet? like on youtube or something.
i had city are back the season video but that was for VHS and i havent seen any footage for years. was a quality season in the end. was the first year i had my season ticket. one of the goals i want to see again was dickov against darlington. was a fantastic equaliser.

Wasnt that Darlington away game on the telly? IIRC two of the usual group that used to travel didnt go cos we were skint (still had enough for pub tho ;) and another 2 went. I'm sure we (who never went) watched it in the pub and got pished while looking for our mates on the telly :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.