Why

stony said:
i kne albert davy said:
Burtonblue said:
I have though about this much.
May be something to do with a bit of complacency from some of our players.
Some (Kolarov, Yaya, Lescott to name but a few) seem to take their foot off the gas just a bit when playing the "lesser" teams, almost as if they think it is our God given right for them to succumb to the greatness of mcfc.
Contrast that with our raggy neighbours in whiskeynose's day when they approached the first 20 of every game as if their lives depended on it.
I think it is an attitude problem which we are in the process of addressing (I hope anyway)
I'm sure if you'd thought about it a bit more you wouldn't have singled out two players who didn't play today and one who came on as a subsitute.

Wouldn't that mean that he has actually thought about it, and his opinion isn't a knee jerk ?
Possibly yes but as it turns up the day we don't manage to put six passed someone at home I assumed it was a bit knee jerky a bit like the half wit I endured this afternoon who insisted we were shit because we hadn't scored 4 by half time (no reflection on the poster by the way) but we were still playing a premiership football team today and they can play football.

i kne albert davy said:
stony said:
i kne albert davy said:
I'm sure if you'd thought about it a bit more you wouldn't have singled out two players who didn't play today and one who came on as a subsitute.

Wouldn't that mean that he has actually thought about it, and his opinion isn't a knee jerk ?
Possibly yes but as it turns up the day we don't manage to put six passed someone at home I assumed it was a bit knee jerky a bit like the half wit I endured this afternoon who insisted we were shit because we hadn't scored 4 by half time (no reflection on the poster by the way) but we were still playing a premiership football team today and they can play football.

Tbf I didn't see them play much football. To do that they would have actually tried to win.

stony said:
i kne albert davy said:
stony said:

Tbf I didn't see them play much football. To do that they would have actually tried to win.
TBF if you're playing football in the premier league you're a decent footballer and if Palace had tried to play us in an open game they would probably have had 5 or 6 put passed them so they tried to defend (and made a pretty good job of it) and nick one on the break if you were manager of a group of players not as talented as ours what would you do.

When will some City fans realise that this happens to every top team at various times and not just City.

This belief they have that this happens only to City is almost comical.

br62 said:
When will some City fans realise that this happens to every top team at various times and not just City.

Winning ugly and when not at our best is just as, if not more, important than twatting every team that comes to the Etihad.

i kne albert davy said:
stony said:
i kne albert davy said:

TBF if you're playing football in the premier league you're a decent footballer and if Palace had tried to play us in an open game they would probably have had 5 or 6 put passed them so they tried to defend (and made a pretty good job of it) and nick one on the break if you were manager of a group of players not as talented as ours what would you do.
I don't think anyone including Pellegrini would have any issues with their tactics. He might have described them as negative, which they certainly were, but it kept them in the game, and had they come out en masse we would have had the game wrapped up much sooner.

Bilboblue said:
br62 said:

Winning ugly and when not at our best is just as, if not more, important than twatting every team that comes to the Etihad.

Spot on.

I don't think we made them look good at all, just not our best team out and the players aren't on it like they would be for the big game's also palace players still trying to show Pullis what their about so put in a half decent performance once we'd missed some great chance's which gave them some hope just need to be more clinical with our chance's when we get them.

Bilboblue said:
br62 said:

Another clean sheet. When your attack is frustrated it's easy for your whole game to go to pieces, and that didn't happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.