Wigan Athletic vs City Post match Discussion Thread

a good result even when we was not playing well, I hope Milner injury is not to serious, Fantastic goal he scored, thought the guys did well in defence when Wigan was attacking, and fair play to Wigan they rose to the occasion and gave us a game, I thought Balotelli had a good game, so well done guys..........

Wigan are no push over so this was a good win, not the best but still a win!! Worry about Ya Ya and feel he needs resting, thought he might have been pulled tonight!! Zabba for Novembers player of the month.
Gutted for Jimmy hamstring and maybe out for a while I hope not.
Still unbeaten :)

ZZmaestro said:
3 points even when you are poor against an averrage side ? This is the sign of champions !

Mancini had his subs right tonight.
Milner brought some fighting spirit in the midfield and scored a wondergoal.

Yaya was painfull to watch : half-fit, struggling to keep-up with the pace.
Garcia : absolute choker tonight, Savic-esque
Nastasic : kudos to the people who scouted him. The lad is an absolute gem. Will be dominant when he'll pack 10~15 lbs of mass on him.

Stoned Rose said:
Caveman said:
stan bowles said:
Piss poor first half and then just as Wigan seemed to be bossing the game we score twice in three minutes. Mancini's tactical switch seemed to pay dividends yet again. Milner gave us an extra dimension - must start much more often. I just hope he's not badly injured. Same goes for Zaba. Seems to be us all over - takes us at least a half to get going. Can't complain though with 3 points and another clean sheet.
We were absolutely crying out for width and then Milner and Kolorov were out wide spreading the Wigan defence across the pitch and there were gaps on the middle - bumph two goals! Marvellous Roberto, marvellous!

Was crying out for width. Good work by Bobby.

Yep, most of the play was pretty central and suited their defence. Would have been interesting if sinclair came on.

A lot more confident after we scored, but the first goal was always coming imo, despite the worrying moments in the first half.

Milner's goal, and the way we kept possession in the build up to the strike, were chuffin' brilliant. Has to be a contender for goal of the season.

Took a while to warm up, again, but we got the result and did it well so happy with that.

Does anybody have a picture of Milner and Maicon celebrating the goal ahead of our fans?

It was a nice moment (even more when you take into account that Maicon barely speaks English and I guess they aren't huge friends yet but what does a win like this do ;).

FlatlineMonday said:
ZZmaestro said:
3 points even when you are poor against an averrage side ? This is the sign of champions !

Mancini had his subs right tonight.
Milner brought some fighting spirit in the midfield and scored a wondergoal.

Yaya was painfull to watch : half-fit, struggling to keep-up with the pace.
Garcia : absolute choker tonight, Savic-esque
Nastasic : kudos to the people who scouted him. The lad is an absolute gem. Will be dominant when he'll pack 10~15 lbs of mass on him.

I think it's the case that Garcia and Barry shouldn't be on the field together. They both want to do the same thing it seems and when Barry takes charge (as he should) Garcia doesn't quite know where to go
I agree with this..Garcia doesn't become crap overnight, he and barry should never play together. Wow but he looked crap tonight alright

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.