Wigan Athletic vs City Post match Discussion Thread

When I think of Garcia replacing De Jong I want to kick something - hard. Nasty looked good though, Zab and Barry excellent, Kun and Yaya out of sorts and Kompany and Silva looking better. Balotelli put a shift in, fair do's and rewarded with a goal. Milner out for Everton?

ZZmaestro said:
3 points even when you are poor against an averrage side ? This is the sign of champions !

Mancini had his subs right tonight.
Milner brought some fighting spirit in the midfield and scored a wondergoal.

Yaya was painfull to watch : half-fit, struggling to keep-up with the pace.
Garcia : absolute choker tonight, Savic-esque
Nastasic : kudos to the people who scouted him. The lad is an absolute gem. Will be dominant when he'll pack 10~15 lbs of mass on him.

Wouldn't disagree apart from Nastibitch needing some pies. A Morrissonesque physique is considered passe in todays prem!

Yaya has played like this in both of the other two seasons he's been with us. West Ham away in his first season was the first time he really played well that season; and apart from the odd game, it was really after Norwch at home when he started playing consistently well last season.

I have no worries about Yaya, he's fantastic in the second half of the season.

Wigan always seem to raise their game against the top sides at home. Many have succumbed to them on nights like these but not tonight.
Very happy with that.
The best is still to come.

cleavers said:
Labatt Blue said:
Awful 1st half but not the 2nd
Awful, really ? We bossed the possession, didn't create much, but still had more chances than they did. Hart hasn't made a real save.
Was using awful to quote another poster!
But the first half was pretty disapointing..second we had a better work rate and effort

Nasty continues to be a revelation. Mature and savvy beyond his years. Balo fell over a lot and Im afraid his goal doesnt disguise the fact that he's just not match sharp enough...yet. Great performances from Milner and Barry. In and out by Yaya but showing glimpses of last years form. Much the same with Merlin.

All in all a good performance against a decent Wigan side. More importantly is taking a glance at the table, remaining undefeated has opened up a nice little gap and hopefully will make the moaners realise that hard fought draws in other games have been crucial.

Played ok first half without threatening.

2nd half I thought we were poor for 20 and then balotelli scored and there was only one winner.

Balotelli did well for the goal and miners was a cracker. Pity he will be missing for a month or so now.

Garcia is th weak link for me. Total crap so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.