Wigan Athletic vs City Post match Discussion Thread

jay-lofty said:
Blue Haze said:
Wigan did well especially considering their injuries.

Our best players

1. Mario
2. Nasty
3. Zaba

Our best player was MARIO?!!?!?! I have no idea what game you were watching mate

the one that was just played, i'm guessing.

jay-lofty said:
mancity1 said:
Hearing that Baines has done a hammy.

Everton will miss him more than we will Milner.

In saying that Milner will be sorely missed.

Going into Christmas with a fairly healthy squad.

Only Richards , Milner and Rodwell unavailable in December.

+Clichy I believe?
+ Lescott (back spasms)<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 pm --<br /><br />
BenchillBlue said:
Did Mark Halsey look well pissed off when Mario smashed the first in?
No. He was looking through his rule book to see what the outcome is when the ball hits the net...

"ah, yes, goal...must start reading this at home, there's lots I don't know about!"

The defence and midfield are now solid right now. Whats missing is all the strikers being below their best and Yaya not creating much..i reckon we have a pretty good launching pad for December and if our strikers start taking chances and making better decisions then we could start to pull away

Re: Is it me or...

BenchillBlue said:
Did Mark Halsey look well pissed off when Mario smashed the first in?

I thought that as well. He seemed to have a bit of strop that he couldn't find a way to disallow it,

But fairs fair I think he reffed it ok and lino's did well as well.

1354138607695.gif

1354138391620.gif

andrewmswift said:
jay-lofty said:
Blue Haze said:
Wigan did well especially considering their injuries.

Our best players

1. Mario
2. Nasty
3. Zaba

Our best player was MARIO?!!?!?! I have no idea what game you were watching mate

the one that was just played, i'm guessing.

Aha, very clever sir, but in all seriousness, was I the only one who thought Balotelli did very little apart from his goal? He wasn't helped by having little support at times, but I thought he was very poor tonight

thought we played quite well tonight in places....

dominated much of the first half without ever really creating anything

second half a bit under the cosh but started to play again like we know we can

thought we looked to try and pass the ball quicker but just lacking that little bit of extra quality at present but its starting to show a little.

Mario had a good game tonight...couple of off touches here and there but generaly his link up play is very good and he ran his socks off tonight chasing back...made some very good tackles tonight and didnt lose his head when fouled and he got nothing...fully deserved his goal as it was down to his hard work and presistance

barry....very clever again from barry tonight.....maybe slow but reads the game exceptionally well.

silva - probing all the time

kompany - starting to look dominant again

Nasty - looking good but still not going to lose my head about this lad....very comfortable on the ball but still making the odd mistake positionally but getting better

Milner - such a shame about the injury after a fantastic goal....gives us so much more than garcia who still does not impress me at all (he was woeful tonight and is a very weak link in our squad at the moment) - really hope milner recovers quickly as hate to think about garcia playing against either everton or utd!!!!!!!

Yaya - poor first half BUT finally we see a couple of those runs that we know he is capable of....I still think he is being restricted and told not to but it was noticeable that when we went to one forward (balo), he then started to move forward more - he will get a rest now as he is out of the dortmund game anyway

and fair play to wigan - thought they played very well and they will take points off a lot of teams at their place this year.....

Must admit watchin the first half thought we wouldnt score, just like the Chelsae game, dominated but no final ball. Second half brilliant, stepped it up and well done Mario, he deserved that for his tenacity. Think we look very strong and the next couple (or 3 ) fixtures have no fear for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.