Wigan Athletic vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember last year we dominated last years fixture without Kompany Balotelli and Yaya Toure and richards.
We played quite well, dominated entirely and had a lot of chances on goal. SHould have scored more than one goal. if you watch the highlights you will see.
We played with savic and lescott who were good. We had milner and barry and de jong on the field which was odd.

I would say put lescott in. give a rest to yay a tour. but literally idk if that is actually possible.

Claytop said:
I am completely baffled with Yaya at the minute, can't remember the last time he had a yaya sort of game..

He just looks so disinterested and slow with the ball recently..

Ajax at home, he was ok. great goal! but ya, he is on a low right now

mgx.sleck said:
Remember last year we dominated last years fixture without Kompany Balotelli and Yaya Toure and richards.
We played quite well, dominated entirely and had a lot of chances on goal. SHould have scored more than one goal. if you watch the highlights you will see.
We played with savic and lescott who were good. We had milner and barry and de jong on the field which was odd.

I would say put lescott in. give a rest to yay a tour. but literally idk if that is actually possible.

You obviously don't remember last year fixture as we barely edged that one and were fighting for lives in big parts of the match.

MSP said:
mgx.sleck said:

You obviously don't remember last year fixture as we barely edged that one and were fighting for lives in big parts of the match.

Still, we were clearly the better side. Plus the referee had an absolute shocker when he didn't wave a card after Figueroa's challenge on Nasri and then the same Wigan player denid Kun's chance with an intentional handball.

And yeah, Savic was actually ok at Wigan. ;)

mgx.sleck said:
Claytop said:
I am completely baffled with Yaya at the minute, can't remember the last time he had a yaya sort of game..

He just looks so disinterested and slow with the ball recently..

Ajax at home, he was ok. great goal! but ya, he is on a low right now
Mancini said the other week that Yaya can't keep making those barnstorming runs with the ball that we have become so used to seeing because there are 4 attackers infront of him. Mancini wants us to remain balanced so that we don't get killed on the counter attack. Will will see Yaya at his best if we play Barry and Milner together in midfield and push him forward. But that then means we have to play one of our strikers from a wide position (Aguero probably), which doesn't really suit him. So i think we are going to have to get used to a more pedestrian Yaya from now onwards.

i'd play

...........................Hart..................................

....Zab.......Nasty...........Lescott..........Kolarov.........

.......Nasri............Yaya............Milner................

...........Silva........Tevez..........Balotelli...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.