Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Bravo should have done better with their goal. His shot stopping simply isn't good enough. I hope Pep doesn't play him in the final but I think he will....he is a week link both from his shot stopping an this distribution.

Absolutely. Big game, trophy at stake, best team available, the end.

Bravo will play. Pep won't abandon his principles for no reason and rightly so. Bravo got us there and deserves to play.
Oh and he wasn't at fault tonight. Distribution was good.

It’s over, we lost, we all have to get over it. Bigger fish to fry.

Pep wanted such tackles taken care of. It was taken care of, albeit hamfistedly by a known red. My only problem is consistency, such as the tackle on Sergio, where the player goes in high to begin with, then follows through even higher...at knee height and catches Sergio flush on the inside of his right knee. Then, Sané gets called for a foul with his foot going for a ball at thigh height because a Wigan player put his head down?!

We are letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. We are trying to make the perfect goal, instead of taking chances as they fall. Indeed, the one time Aguero took a pop, the ball inside to a wide open Gundogan was, err, wide open!! One of those days that makes it so very difficult to get over the “Typical City” monicker, and we will have to live with some ribbing for a week. Lose the EFL Cup and it will continue and the word “CRISIS!” will be all over the media. This is who we are now....lose a game, regardless of who it is against, and it becomes an actual story! Whodathunkit!!!

And, lastly, to all those people lauding the way Wigan played....well, what can one say when they win, but seriously???? 17% possession, long ball to lone striker, 10 behind the ball??? If this is what passes for “well played” today, football is hurting. But they grabbed their goal against Goliath, so they are David!

Pep said it is not the fall, it is the recovery. Here’s hoping we show up at Wembley, because we actually NEED that trophy to get the monkey off Pep’s back and stabilize the naysayers and heretics screaming “fire!”
Excellent post.

Different situation if we did totally collapse but Bravo doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Poor mistake by Walker for the goal but I think he’s had a really good season so far so gonna cut him some slack. Had enough chances to win the game without playing that well but if you don’t take them there is always that chance of conceding a shitty goal especially with how nervous our back line looked whenever Wigan had a rare attack. Danilo is shit in his favoured right back position and even worse as a left back and Stones looks shot of confidence to me I would have played Vinny and Walker from the start. Added pressure now on Sundays game hope we go full strength and put in a performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.