Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

It’s over, we lost, we all have to get over it. Bigger fish to fry.

Pep wanted such tackles taken care of. It was taken care of, albeit hamfistedly by a known red. My only problem is consistency, such as the tackle on Sergio, where the player goes in high to begin with, then follows through even higher...at knee height and catches Sergio flush on the inside of his right knee. Then, Sané gets called for a foul with his foot going for a ball at thigh height because a Wigan player put his head down?!

We are letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. We are trying to make the perfect goal, instead of taking chances as they fall. Indeed, the one time Aguero took a pop, the ball inside to a wide open Gundogan was, err, wide open!! One of those days that makes it so very difficult to get over the “Typical City” monicker, and we will have to live with some ribbing for a week. Lose the EFL Cup and it will continue and the word “CRISIS!” will be all over the media. This is who we are now....lose a game, regardless of who it is against, and it becomes an actual story! Whodathunkit!!!

And, lastly, to all those people lauding the way Wigan played....well, what can one say when they win, but seriously???? 17% possession, long ball to lone striker, 10 behind the ball??? If this is what passes for “well played” today, football is hurting. But they grabbed their goal against Goliath, so they are David!

Pep said it is not the fall, it is the recovery. Here’s hoping we show up at Wembley, because we actually NEED that trophy to get the monkey off Pep’s back and stabilize the naysayers and heretics screaming “fire!”

Great post , we have so much to look forward to , it just wasnt our night , if we were still playing now our score would read NIL.

Wigan fans run up to taunt our end, assault our player and that's ok?
Assaulting players no, of course that's not ok, but they are small time and are celebrating a victory over the best team in the world currently - if we're to start crying over that then we are another step towards becoming just like that lot across the road.

I hoped Pep would have played his strongest 11 except for Bravo. We could have brought lesser players on when we were winning. We have 6 days until the Final. We missed Silva when he was subbed, there's a reason he has such a long run without defeat. Danilo was hopeless, Sergio was off form, Bravo's one shot on target=one goal reminded me of last season, I would have liked to think Ederson would have saved that one. IMO we should have started KDB and Walker.

So obvious that was gonna happen. Said to my mate half way through the 2nd half that it had 1-0 Wigan written all over it

Can’t understand people saying Wigan deserved it. We murdered them with 10 men and they went in our box once in the second half

Just one of those nights. It was meant to be. We’d still be losing 1-0 if we were still playing now

Well that’s the fixture congestion taken care of.

Walker’s had a great season, having made the mistake, though, I could understand that when he was getting back at Grigg he stepped away to the outside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.