Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

johnmc said:
DTeacher said:
johnmc said:
You have to forget its aguerro. I agree its a goal scoring chance for aguerro but thats not the rules.

Eh?

Ok, as you wish.

He's the last man - he is preventing a goalscoring opportunity for XYZ.

Mr XYZ has a CLEAR run on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat. Pretty sure what the rules are in those circumstances...

By the way, we shouldn't even be discussing this, as he should have been booked for the nasty foul on Nasri, which would have meant he would have walked for two yellows anyway...

I agree he should have been booked already. But can you say you are confident de jong would have scored from that position.

WTF are you on about? The ball was going to bounce into Aguero's path, which is why the Wigan player handled the ball, because he knew the bounce had beaten him and he was the last man. Sometimes I despair, I really do.

Dubai Blue said:
johnmc said:
OB1 said:
Ignoring the player involved is just wrong. Where does it say that in the Laws of the Game?

I understand where your coming from. But what if ref doesn't know the player involved. Refs might not know the speed and poise of every player. Say it was de Jong would you still say red.
Yes. Because the player's ability to score is irrelevant. He denied us the chance of scoring. That's all that's needed for a red card to be shown.
A definite goal scoring opportunity is a red card. A probable goal scoring opportunity is a yellow card. Scott Parker was brought down by Garry Cahill and it was rescinded because they said with 50yards to go its only a probable GSO. I pretty much agree.

Braggster said:
johnmc said:
DTeacher said:
Eh?

Ok, as you wish.

Mr XYZ has a CLEAR run on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat. Pretty sure what the rules are in those circumstances...

By the way, we shouldn't even be discussing this, as he should have been booked for the nasty foul on Nasri, which would have meant he would have walked for two yellows anyway...

I agree he should have been booked already. But can you say you are confident de jong would have scored from that position.
No, but what has that got to do with it?

I am confident that de Jong would have had a goalscoring opportunity, which is what counts. Beggars belief that anyone could think otherwise.

Given the relative position of the two players, any City player should have been able to have a clear run at goal without being caught.

arsenalrob said:
ballinio said:
arsenalrob said:
Also what's with Mancini talking about a lot of injuries constantly?

Bar Toure and Balotelli who else is out?

United, ourselves and other teams have had a shit load of players missing, and do not have the capital you have/spent. You just have to get on with it.
name me your shit load of players out then

Did you see the amount of players we were missing against United when we got raped 8-2

We don't have a lot of money so when one player is out, it feels like 4 players are out.

Wilshere, our most important player has been out most of the season, Walcott in and out at times, Gibbs out as well...
seriously laughable answer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

hgblue said:
johnmc said:
DTeacher said:
Eh?

Ok, as you wish.

WTF are you on about? The ball was going to bounce into Aguero's path, which is why the Wigan player handled the ball, because he knew the bounce had beaten him and he was the last man. Sometimes I despair, I really do.

It was on half way. If it was lescott handling when de santos would have been through i think you would argue it was a yellow.

Card waving has as much influence as a player shouting at the ref to book a player (but that is okay?) its a way to express what he is trying to say. It means fuck all. Stop bitching about it its so boring. Yes I would say the same if an opposition manager did it as well it means fuck all.

Pigeonho said:
mackenzie said:
Sigster100 said:
Nah. We'll both get the same blue tinted specs and get on famously :)
Does this mean you're going to be an annoying shite too then and beat the same old drum as Pige does all day long?
I just want to know in advance so I can foe you.
;-)
I know, people on here banging the same drum all day long. Who'd have thought that!

;-)
you remind me of an old poster called FDM.

Are some fans just unable to be pleased? That was exactly the kind of performance we needed tonight.

Think about the circumstances.. We came in on a bad run of form. We're playing an away game against a team fighting for survival, who are finally playing well again. It's a freezing cold night, making it very difficult to play explosive football, and all of our imposing, strong players are injured (Kompany, Yaya, Balotelli, Richards) except Dzeko.

Now think about what happened.. We completely dominated the first half. Looked dangerous from the beginning and got an early goal. We then played an intelligent, controlled game until Wigan pushed harder in the second half and the game opened up. This is where we needed to bury the game and the one dent on the performance is that we failed to score here. Because of that Wigan were able to throw everything at us, which made the game seem closer than it was in the end.

But overall everyone did their job today. Hart stepped up when we needed him. The whole backline was solid and in position. Barry and Milner had a misplaced pass or 2, but worked extremely hard and kept the midfield in check. Silva and Nasri did a great job of controlling the game and always looked capable of creating danger. Dzeko held the ball up brilliantly and took his chance. Aguero made great runs and crafted some good chances.

What more can we expect from a freezing cold away game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.