Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

arsenalrob said:
LoveCity said:
arsenalrob said:
United, ourselves and other teams have had a shit load of players missing, and do not have the capital you have/spent. You just have to get on with it.

It doesn't matter how much money we spent. We had no foundations laid down before the money arrived, we had to buy from scratch besides Joe and Micah. Our "squad depth" is completely overrated by the media, we had a kid still in puberty on the bench today for example.

I have never moaned about you buying players. I agree with the fact that you didn't have a great squad before so what else could you have done? I don't blame your owners either.

United can hardly talk as well as they have spent a lot on Veron, Anderson, Rooney, Ferdinand etc....but i guess with them it was more over a period of time rather than in one go.
The only negative i have with you guys is the wages that some players on but then again i guess that goes back to your original point on not having the foundation at the start.

good point but we can't exactly carry on with the FFPR, although our squad is good enough to be the best in the country.

we'll only add 1 or 2 every window from now on like most other clubs.

forget the last man shit. I thought deliberate handball was a sending off offence regardless of any goal scoring opportunity

mackenzie said:
Sigster100 said:
Pigeonho said:
You'll fit in well, but I see us falling out. ;-)

Nah. We'll both get the same blue tinted specs and get on famously :)
Does this mean you're going to be an annoying shite too then and beat the same old drum as Pige does all day long?
I just want to know in advance so I can foe you.
;-)
I know, people on here banging the same drum all day long. Who'd have thought that!

;-)

Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

johnmc said:
DTeacher said:
johnmc said:
You have to forget its aguerro. I agree its a goal scoring chance for aguerro but thats not the rules.

Eh?

Ok, as you wish.

He's the last man - he is preventing a goalscoring opportunity for XYZ.

Mr XYZ has a CLEAR run on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat. Pretty sure what the rules are in those circumstances...

By the way, we shouldn't even be discussing this, as he should have been booked for the nasty foul on Nasri, which would have meant he would have walked for two yellows anyway...

I agree he should have been booked already. But can you say you are confident de jong would have scored from that position.
No, but what has that got to do with it?

I am confident that de Jong would have had a goalscoring opportunity, which is what counts. Beggars belief that anyone could think otherwise.

Is the Boss a bit of a genius?

He waves the card around on the side line and deflects the media pressure away from the team and puts it firmly on his broad Italian shoulders.

Ferguson and Jose did this deflection stuff all the time and seemed to work for them. Forward with the genius that is Mancini ;o)

zeven said:
OB1 said:
zeven said:
we were outplayed in second half! i'm pretty sure neither Mancini/platt or the players thought it was good enough.

im happy with the points, but this game left us with more questions than answers therefore my negative post.

We were not outplayed in the second half. Did you not notice the chances City created?
Yes i did, but for the majority we were on the back, just defending. We are talking about Wigan here not a midtable team.

We made more passes at a better completion rate than them in second half and had more shots with four times as many of our shots on target.

arsenalrob said:
DTeacher said:
arsenalrob said:
Listen i think card waving makes you a poor sport. I don't care if Ferguson does it, if it's Guardiola, if it's King Kenny. It's an opinion and if Wenger goes at it against United on Sunday, i will come back on here and say ''ffs Arsene, stop fucking card waving''. It's why i hate watching the big two in Spain as all they aim to do is making their opponent a player less with their card waving, moaning at the ref etc..

Wenger has his flaws, DID I SAY HE DIDN'T? However i have rarely ever seen him run out of his dug out and started waving the imaginary red card like Mancini has done at least twice this season.

What makes it weird is that Mancini moaned about Rooney doing it yet he goes on doing it again?

Thanks for answering.

You were asked by several people in the Match thread and you didn't respond to them.

Interesting take on Wenger - he has 'flaws.' PMSL - you bet he does!!

Rooney affected the game - the referee doesn't pay attention to Mancini who is OFF the pitch and talking to the 4th official - the referee probably didn't even SEE Mancini!

Anyway, at least you replied, so thanks.

The page moves so quickly, it's hard to follow all responses.

My bad. :)

Don't worry about the flack some of us may give you Arsenalrob.

As far as I am concerned and I have been on here for over 6 years you are always welcome to have your say.

We have had many " foreigners " over the years and some stick around for a while and I hope you do to.

Those that try to bully others with personal insults are weak individuals that lack character and if the mods were fairdinkum they would be banned permanently.

PS . I can understand it you reckon your own forum is not up to scratch (LOL) but seriously you probably post on there well.

So criticise arenalrob's comments with style and flair if you can mooners but back off with the personal insults or pretty soon hopefully we won't have a forum at all.

Totadisco said:
BlueRiz said:
adammck said:
Fair play to Dzeko tonight... Hopefully just in time for another vs Spurs.

A little bit of frustration between Dzeko and Aguero tonight, both made mistakes so I'm just hoping they sort their sh1t out before spurs.

A gutsy win, we really need to start playing better as a whole. I enjoyed Zabs performance tonight, great seeing Ned getting a run.

Still, It's not good enough for a team like Spurs. This is a really, really big game. If we win, then we have really made our mark. If we lose, not the end of the world, hopefully it won't effect us mentally but we are still in a nice position.

I think after the Wigan game Aguero is gonna more hungrier than ever for a goal and I can see him scoring a few next week!

This week is still not over..:)

:) OK ... sorry I meant "he will score a lot THIS week" ...

Sometimes we will have to grind out results like this job done !
And ratface talks us up again haha 3pts in the bag Well Done Lads

Gaylord du Bois said:
arsenalrob said:
Cheadle Blue said:
i suppose roberto could adopt the " i didn't see it" line? thats more embarrassing than a manager showing passion on the touchline because he's been fucked over by a ref again

Exactly, that's Wenger's flaw. That's what annoys me about him.

Same way card waving and trying to get a player sent off is Mancini's.
He's not trying to get him sent off. He's asking why it wasn't a red you plum. The ref had already issued the yellow ffs.

Sorry for hijacking this topic guys but just joined the forum so can't create a topic yet, just want to introduce myself as a Scottish guy in his mid 30's that had a Hearts season ticket for years but gave it up 3 years ago as Scottish fitba is shite. I put a 100 quid bet on at the start of the season with my man ure supporting mate that city would win the league. Didn't realise then how much I would get into following the club and have just purchased a blue membership with match priority so me and my son can get down to a match before we win the title!! Great team to watch,great manager and great fans, anyway be nice to me and hopefully meet for a pint one day!!! Cheers Snedds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.