Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

adammck said:
Fair play to Dzeko tonight... Hopefully just in time for another vs Spurs.

A little bit of frustration between Dzeko and Aguero tonight, both made mistakes so I'm just hoping they sort their sh1t out before spurs.

A gutsy win, we really need to start playing better as a whole. I enjoyed Zabs performance tonight, great seeing Ned getting a run.

Still, It's not good enough for a team like Spurs. This is a really, really big game. If we win, then we have really made our mark. If we lose, not the end of the world, hopefully it won't effect us mentally but we are still in a nice position.

I think after the Wigan game Aguero is gonna more hungrier than ever for a goal and I can see him scoring a few next week!

What makes me fucking laugh is that the defender purposely handles it because he misjudges the bounce, yet it's fucking HIM who gets the benefit of doubt - why? It's fucking win win for the cheating ****.

Surely the reason WHY the defender has deliberately handled the ball should play some part in the ref's decision?

Braggster said:
Jumanji said:
People are such vaginas these days. Oh he waves a card!! Deary me!!
It's extraordinary how much fuss there is over this, while at the same time the extraordinary inconsistency of the refereeing is justified with bizarre ex post rationalisations.

Certainly feel Bob is being roughly treated by the broadcast media at the moment. (Don't get me started on Gerrard's behaviour, which was truly disgusting)

Burtonblue said:
Tonight city did what great teams do.
They won ugly.
Those who whine about the performance are missing the point.
A win is a win ffs.
Give your head a wobble you doom and gloomers.
3 points clear:)
The performance was OK. All that was missing was the finishing.

Ric said:
Pigeonho said:
wireblue said:
Yeah but using certain comments in Uruguay is acceptable in a certain persons homeland, but he quite rightly got slated for not respecting its not acceptable to do that certain thing over here. Obviously waving a card is nothing compared to that, but you see my point hopefully. This waving a card thing my Mancini seems to be a recent thing too, almost in protest at the ref decisions we are not getting in our favour. I'm not chastising him either, i'm just saying that watching a player wave an imaginary card is a shitty thing to do, as is pressuring a manager to get a player sent off. Now I know that isn't what Mancini is doing, he is questioning the ref in his own way, but it still looks pretty poor, in my somewhat humble opinion.
You as well as I know that if Taggart, Kenneth, young Boas or Wenger were doing it this much, the words 'bitter' and 'classless' would be banded about on the 10 + threads it would create. I would just prefer to see Mancini not do it and like I say, its a recent thing so its like he's acknowledging refs aren't favouring us rather than be a trait from his homeland.

I just think you're building up something that really isn't that important. I'd prefer it if he didn't do it, but ultimately I don't really care that much.

Often you mock others on here for their hyperbole on things you don't deem that important (such as supposed press bias), yet you seem to be doing the same about something that many others don't think is that big a deal.
But that is something visual, something which is actually there to see. The 'agenda' is something which is only an opinion. Also, who have I mocked on the Mancini card thing? I've not mocked anyone, i've simply said I would rather see it not happen.

arsenalrob said:
LoveCity said:
arsenalrob said:
United, ourselves and other teams have had a shit load of players missing, and do not have the capital you have/spent. You just have to get on with it.

It doesn't matter how much money we spent. We had no foundations laid down before the money arrived, we had to buy from scratch besides Joe and Micah. Our "squad depth" is completely overrated by the media, we had a kid still in puberty on the bench today for example.

I have never moaned about you buying players. I agree with the fact that you didn't have a great squad before so what else could you have done? I don't blame your owners either.

United can hardly talk as well as they have spent a lot on Veron, Anderson, Rooney, Ferdinand etc....but i guess with them it was more over a period of time rather than in one go.
The only negative i have with you guys is the wages that some players on but then again i guess that goes back to your original point on not having the foundation at the start.

Did you have the same problem when you spent loads during your best years?? Wenger can not organise a defence. He is clueless since Graham`s back four retired.

Re: Re: Re: Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

DTeacher said:
johnmc said:
DTeacher said:
He's the last man - he is preventing a goalscoring opportunity for Aguero.

On what do you base your assertion?

You have to forget its aguerro. I agree its a goal scoring chance for aguerro but thats not the rules.

Eh?

Ok, as you wish.

He's the last man - he is preventing a goalscoring opportunity for XYZ.

Mr XYZ has a CLEAR run on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat. Pretty sure what the rules are in those circumstances...

By the way, we shouldn't even be discussing this, as he should have been booked for the nasty foul on Nasri, which would have meant he would have walked for two yellows anyway...

I agree he should have been booked already. But can you say you are confident de jong would have scored from that position.

Sigster100 said:
Pigeonho said:
Sigster100 said:
Good point Pige. Bobby was bang on. Nowt wrong with it. Should do it more....that better?
You'll fit in well, but I see us falling out. ;-)

Nah. We'll both get the same blue tinted specs and get on famously :)
Does this mean you're going to be an annoying shite too then and beat the same old drum as Pige does all day long?
I just want to know in advance so I can foe you.
;-)

Gaylord du Bois said:
3pts. No injuries. No red cards. Top and clear by 3. Job done.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
Spot on, grinding out nervey away wins is how you win leagues, that lot have done it for years
Onward and upward Blues...

BlueRiz said:
adammck said:
Fair play to Dzeko tonight... Hopefully just in time for another vs Spurs.

A little bit of frustration between Dzeko and Aguero tonight, both made mistakes so I'm just hoping they sort their sh1t out before spurs.

A gutsy win, we really need to start playing better as a whole. I enjoyed Zabs performance tonight, great seeing Ned getting a run.

Still, It's not good enough for a team like Spurs. This is a really, really big game. If we win, then we have really made our mark. If we lose, not the end of the world, hopefully it won't effect us mentally but we are still in a nice position.

I think after the Wigan game Aguero is gonna more hungrier than ever for a goal and I can see him scoring a few next week!

This week is still not over..:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.