Wilfried Bony 2015/2016 Performances

The ball may not have ended up in the net. Because of Richards, it did.

It also may well have ended up in the net had Richards left it as it was in Aguero's path. The point is it was a good weighted through ball in behind their defence which ultimately led to a goal.

It also may well have ended up in the net had Richards left it as it was in Aguero's path. The point is it was a good weighted through ball in behind their defence which ultimately led to a goal.

I agree. The sad thing is, we rarely see this quality of pass from Bony, hence the reason this instance is getting so much airtime. Unfortunately, it's not one of many examples.

I know it will sound like 'in hindsight' but I'll never understand why we bought Bony in the first place. The powers must have expected a lot more than we've seen. He is the sort of player that needs to play in a one up front formation and play every week - he's never going to get that with us, nor was he ever going to but for someone else I think he'd do an excellent job. Shame really. Nevertheless I'll continue to hope he plays his part in the run-in, whether it be with assists or goals.

Bony 35 apps 10 goals
Benjani 31 apps 7 goals
Jo. 41 apps 6 goals
Bianchi. 19 apps 4 goals

I think an orange cone could have similar if not better stats if it was placed in and around the penalty area.
I really hope the penny drops with him and kelechi is favoured in the title run in ( provided he earns his spot in training)

Not going to lie, I was rather pleased when we got him. Had a great season a couple of years ago. I was expecting a Drogba-esque hitman,one chance one goal, supremely lethal infront of goal. As soon as he got a sniff, BANG!!

It is safe to say I have been underwhelmed thus far.

Not going to lie, I was rather pleased when we got him. Had a great season a couple of years ago. I was expecting a Drogba-esque hitman,one chance one goal, supremely lethal infront of goal. As soon as he got a sniff, BANG!!

It is safe to say I have been underwhelmed thus far.
That's pretty fair. He's more than likely playing for his City future till May.

I know it will sound like 'in hindsight' but I'll never understand why we bought Bony in the first place. The powers must have expected a lot more than we've seen. He is the sort of player that needs to play in a one up front formation and play every week - he's never going to get that with us, nor was he ever going to but for someone else I think he'd do an excellent job. Shame really. Nevertheless I'll continue to hope he plays his part in the run-in, whether it be with assists or goals.

He was 100% signed with 442 in mind. The problem was Pellegrini then started showing a huge amount of loyalty, and by the time Bony was back from AFCON and fully fit we switched to a 4231, he's never really had a run of games in the side.

He's not shit, he's a very good player, unfortunately we won't see the best of him here. At West Ham for example he'll score 25 goals a season.

He was 100% signed with 442 in mind. The problem was Pellegrini then started showing a huge amount of loyalty, and by the time Bony was back from AFCON and fully fit we switched to a 4231, he's never really had a run of games in the side.

He's not shit, he's a very good player, unfortunately we won't see the best of him here. At West Ham for example he'll score 25 goals a season.
He's a complete misfit, like you say a good player in his own right, but an awful signing for this team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.