Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguerooo93 said:
We don't need a fourth striker especially as a one-striker formation with Silva in the no. 10 role is how we play best. Instead of wasting 25-30m let's wait until the summer until better targets become available (without January premiums).
But we don't have four strikers. Jovetic is an attacking midfielder so that leaves just Aguero, whose injury record is poor, & Dzeko.

Jovetic will be sweating, not Dzeko I think. Aguero/Bony/Dzeko is a good cast of 'real' strikers. I'd like us to have patience with Jovetic as I believe he can be top class, but it looks like this signing could be a killer, because he doesn't do enough as an attacking midfielder to edge out Silva/Nasri/Milner/Navas and doesn't score enough as a striker to edge out the aforementioned three.

Davs 19 said:
dobobobo said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
We've currently got two natural strikers of which both are injured and we've needed another striker since the beast went last summer. This is not a panic buy as some are suggesting, it's been going on for months.

If we do get him then watch out the premier league.

Bony signed a one year extension in November, which got rid of the £20m release clause.

If it's been going on for months, why didn't City sign him in the summer transfer?

Fernando ?

ABBA?

Silva_Spell said:
If he plays like this most weeks he'll be a good signing
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc0IDATSIww[/video]

Wow, what a performance that is, if you watched that 30 million would be a snip.

I read somewhere that because the deal for Negredo to be sold permanently at the end of the season we can add that money to our FFP transfer budget so we will be able to buy Bony without having to worry about selling anyone.
I think we needed another striker, as much as i would love for Aguero and Jovetic not to get injured as much i don't think this will change. Last season we had 4 strikers and it was rare that all of them would be fit.
Bony is the best striker we could get due to FFP, premier league experience and the most goals in 2014 despite playing for a mid-table team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.