Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
cleavers said:
Is Bony really a top of world football signing ? I don't see it personally, yes he scores goals, yes he's a good player, yes we need a striker, yes he's a big forward that can hold up the ball, but does anyone seriously see any of the other top 4 or 5 european teams signing him ?

The biggest downside is he's going to be regularly missing in a busy month of the season.

I'm going to assume that he's being brought in to replace Dzeko in the summer, I don't have an issue with that, is he better ? We'll have to wait and see, but it would still leave us requiring 2 more strikers, as Jovetic isn't one whether he stays or not, he can fulfil the role if required, and is a good finisher, but he can be used better elsewhere for me, such as back up for Nasri, something we've never had the chance to do, as either we've had no strikers, or he's not been fit.

The fee mentioned is also a lot of money for someone who come August possibly wouldn't be first choice, I think its a gamble at best, borne out the fact we didn't replace Negredo in the summer, and have had an injury crisis up front at a bad time.

I don't think you could be any more wrong, just wait and see.

Out of interest, which forward do you think we should go for?
This.

cleavers said:
Rammy Blue said:
cleavers said:
Is Bony really a top of world football signing ? I don't see it personally, yes he scores goals, yes he's a good player, yes we need a striker, yes he's a big forward that can hold up the ball, but does anyone seriously see any of the other top 4 or 5 european teams signing him ?

The biggest downside is he's going to be regularly missing in a busy month of the season.

I'm going to assume that he's being brought in to replace Dzeko in the summer, I don't have an issue with that, is he better ? We'll have to wait and see, but it would still leave us requiring 2 more strikers, as Jovetic isn't one whether he stays or not, he can fulfil the role if required, and is a good finisher, but he can be used better elsewhere for me, such as back up for Nasri, something we've never had the chance to do, as either we've had no strikers, or he's not been fit.

The fee mentioned is also a lot of money for someone who come August possibly wouldn't be first choice, I think its a gamble at best, borne out the fact we didn't replace Negredo in the summer, and have had an injury crisis up front at a bad time.

I don't think you could be any more wrong, just wait and see.
Thanks, you think I'm wrong, I've put some reasons why I'm not keen, and I haven't mentioned that he won't be available this season for as much as six weeks from now either, and its unlikely we would be able to include him in the CL squad without leaving someone else out, who would you leave out ?

We're aiming at being a dominant force in Europe, I just don't see how Bony, good player that he is, fits into that aim.

I think there is a good chance that he will establish himself as one of the top strikers in Europe if he joins us.

I have said before that I would rather get Cavani but I don't think that can be done in this window. I think though that we will be in the market for at least one more striker in the summer because Dzeko and Jovetic will probably go.

I can see this deal happening in the next week or so, AFCON doesn't start until the 17th and Ivory Coast don't play until the 20th, either way, Bony won't be able to sign for us once he is in the tournament so it will have to be done before hand.

Samsdad said:
bluemoon98 said:
Sorry to use this tune as a chant but come on david moyes tune can be used for:

Come on Wilfried Bony, Score some goals for city we're going wild wild wild, we're going wild wild wild - same song that swansea used ;)

Ive been singing Bony bony,bony bony,bony bony to the tune of wooly bully lol

or you could sing wilfred bony wilfred bony wilfred bony to the same tune aswell

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_MpQhgtQ8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_MpQhgtQ8</a>

No ? i `ll get my coat

(but i bet you all end up with it stuck in your heads ;-) )

Let's just stick with the old faithful du du du du Wilfried Bony.....

Was a great hit when Martin Petrov was here so we should pass the mantle onto Bony!

waste of money, we need a forward who can shoot, head a ball, hold it up, get stuck in, use his strength, score goals on a regular basis and be proven in the prem, this is not the answer. Wake up city.

bluemoon98 said:
Samsdad said:
bluemoon98 said:
Sorry to use this tune as a chant but come on david moyes tune can be used for:

Come on Wilfried Bony, Score some goals for city we're going wild wild wild, we're going wild wild wild - same song that swansea used ;)

Ive been singing Bony bony,bony bony,bony bony to the tune of wooly bully lol

or you could sing wilfred bony wilfred bony wilfred bony to the same tune aswell

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_MpQhgtQ8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_MpQhgtQ8</a>

No ? i `ll get my coat

(but i bet you all end up with it stuck in your heads ;-) )

oh my god this song :D

you will have it going round your head singing it to yourself lol

deano ou812 said:
Will he be signed before he goes to African nations cup or do we wait till he gets back then signed and sealed...
I'm sure we will have a doctor do the physical in whatever country he's in. AFCON finishes after the transfer window anyway and we're obviously doing this early for Swansea's benefit as well.

Dribble said:
Mate, Bony's not from the absolute top drawer of strikers, but he's apparently available, Negredo's fee would probably cover 90% of his fee, he's got Prem experience so wouldn't need time to acclimatise, he's got a 1 in 2 record in the EPL and he's a better forward option for us than Dzeko the donkey IMO.

As for Jovetic, he's a proper footballer and I reckon he'll be a star for us in the future. Hopefully his injury situation settles down, but it seems no worse than we have to endure with Kun. If we need to rid ourselves of a striker to get a real top drawer striker, then its got to be Dzeko for the chop.
Yes I see all of that, but there are other factors as mentioned, however if we are getting Bony to replace Dzeko, then I'm happy enough with that, so long as he has a better attitude, he'll be more useful.

It still leaves us looking for 2 strikers in the summer in my view, as Jovetic isn't one (stay or go, and I hope he stays).

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
St Ives blue said:
I don't see the point in signing Bony.
We need a striker now, not end of Jan when he's back from the African Nations. Apart from which I don't think he's good enough for our first team and not sure he'd be happy sitting on the bench.
I haven't read the rest of this thread, so maybe someone could enlighten me.

Enlightenment comes from within, you're basically in a very dark place

In other words, if you have to ask then there's no hope skippy!!!!!

Bit of a strange reply...

Looks like no one's planning to enlighten you, St. Ives. From the bits I've read, the main thoughts seem to be that he's a late replacement for Negredo, he's better than Dzeko (and will ultimately replace him), and that 25-30 million isn't too much for a proven Prem goalscorer.

FWIW my opinion is that despite quite a bit of success in Europe and the Prem with one striker (mostly when we haven't had two fit, in-form strikers), Pellegrini is still planning to play 4-4-2 more often than not, in which case getting a third striker makes sense (assuming he's realized what a lot of us have - that Jovetic isn't a striker).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.