Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
deano ou812 said:
Didn't the dippers have an interest in bony during the summer,but decided against it and went with mario instead,no wonder their fans are up in arms....

And Loic Remy who Chelsea decided to take a punt on despite having heart trouble.

Dribble said:
cleavers said:
Is Bony really a top of world football signing ? I don't see it personally, yes he scores goals, yes he's a good player, yes we need a striker, yes he's a big forward that can hold up the ball, but does anyone seriously see any of the other top 4 or 5 european teams signing him ?

The biggest downside is he's going to be regularly missing in a busy month of the season.

I'm going to assume that he's being brought in to replace Dzeko in the summer, I don't have an issue with that, is he better ? We'll have to wait and see, but it would still leave us requiring 2 more strikers, as Jovetic isn't one whether he stays or not, he can fulfil the role if required, and is a good finisher, but he can be used better elsewhere for me, such as back up for Nasri, something we've never had the chance to do, as either we've had no strikers, or he's not been fit.

The fee mentioned is also a lot of money for someone who come August possibly wouldn't be first choice, I think its a gamble at best, borne out the fact we didn't replace Negredo in the summer, and have had an injury crisis up front at a bad time.
Mate, Bony's not from the absolute top drawer of strikers, but he's apparently available, Negredo's fee would probably cover 90% of his fee, he's got Prem experience so wouldn't need time to acclimatise, he's got a 1 in 2 record in the EPL and he's a better forward option for us than Dzeko the donkey IMO.

As for Jovetic, he's a proper footballer and I reckon he'll be a star for us in the future. Hopefully his injury situation settles down, but it seems no worse than we have to endure with Kun. If we need to rid ourselves of a striker to get a real top drawer striker, then its got to be Dzeko for the chop.

Agreed with every word you were saying until you had to say that.

*shakes head*

Ray78 said:
agyeiboateng said:
I welcome any signing but the fact we are paying £30m for Bony makes me wonder why the hell we never went in for Alexis Sanchez

Sanchez was only £5m more and he is a much better player. He would have been an amazing partner for Aguero.

Bony may turn out to be a great signing but i think we could do slightly better.

Would he be happy playing second fiddle to Kun?

He wouldn't be signing for us otherwise. I mean, there's no striker in the world who could get into our team and expect be be ahead of Kun in the hierarchy. No one.
But as I said above, this could mean Pellegrini will go back to two strikers-formations.

Ray78 said:
agyeiboateng said:
I welcome any signing but the fact we are paying £30m for Bony makes me wonder why the hell we never went in for Alexis Sanchez

Sanchez was only £5m more and he is a much better player. He would have been an amazing partner for Aguero.

Bony may turn out to be a great signing but i think we could do slightly better.

Why would he? His natural position doesn't conflict with Aguero's.

Ray78 said:
deano ou812 said:
Didn't the dippers have an interest in bony during the summer,but decided against it and went with mario instead,no wonder their fans are up in arms....

And Loic Remy who Chelsea decided to take a punt on despite having heart trouble.
Haha the candle brigade will be out in force...

Dogtanian said:
Not in the slightest bit excited about this, missing a month every season also we seem to be buying from the 2nd tier of world football these days.

He won't be playing in the ACON until 2017 after this one. I do agree we don't seem to be interested in pushing for the top level players which is very odd,It may catch up on us quicker than we think.

Matt the Giant said:
Ray78 said:
agyeiboateng said:

He wouldn't be signing for us otherwise. I mean, there's no striker in the world who could get into our team and expect be be ahead of Kun in the hierarchy. No one.
But as I said above, this could mean Pellegrini will go back to two strikers-formations.

I think he may have been referring to Sanchez, Matt.

Ray78 said:
agyeiboateng said:

When Sanchez was available, a striker was not the priority and we didn't have the Negredo money to count on so we probably had to pass on Sanchez. I'd like to think in other circumstances, we would have signed both him and Fabregas. Regardless, that was then and this is now; and, right now, Bony looks like the best option for getting in a quality striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.