Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davs 19 said:
cleavers said:
Rammy Blue said:
I don't think you could be any more wrong, just wait and see.
Thanks, you think I'm wrong, I've put some reasons why I'm not keen, and I haven't mentioned that he won't be available this season for as much as six weeks from now either, and its unlikely we would be able to include him in the CL squad without leaving someone else out, who would you leave out ?

We're aiming at being a dominant force in Europe, I just don't see how Bony, good player that he is, fits into that aim.

Willy or Alex.

Kolarov would be more likely. At a push we can move Zaba or Mangala to LB. If anything happens to Hart then we will end up with Wright for the Champions League games.

SWP's back said:
St Ives blue said:
I don't see the point in signing Bony.
We need a striker now, not end of Jan when he's back from the African Nations. Apart from which I don't think he's good enough for our first team and not sure he'd be happy sitting on the bench.
I haven't read the rest of this thread, so maybe someone could enlighten me.
Nah. Can't be arsed.

What's your favourite colour of the alphabet?

Bet he's going to post Ham.

cleavers said:
Davs 19 said:
Willy or Alex.
Can't see us going with only 2 keepers, nor 3 full backs, a risky strategy (even if it might only be for 2 matches, though I think we can beat Barcelona, so it could well be more).

Apparently Mangala can do an adequate job at LB, as can Zab. We'd be very unlucky to come unstuck on the keeper front,, but I take the point

I welcome any signing but the fact we are paying £30m for Bony makes me wonder why the hell we never went in for Alexis Sanchez

Sanchez was only £5m more and he is a much better player. He would have been an amazing partner for Aguero.

Bony may turn out to be a great signing but i think we could do slightly better.

Not in the slightest bit excited about this, missing a month every season also we seem to be buying from the 2nd tier of world football these days.

His technical ability in and around the box is second to none. The way we open teams up with quick, one touch passing will suit him to a tee and he knows where the back of the net is.

Strong as an ox and great in the air, what's not to like?

Would this mean Pellegrini went back to his favored two strikers-formation?

I think Bony and Kun would make an absolutely awesome duo.

agyeiboateng said:
I welcome any signing but the fact we are paying £30m for Bony makes me wonder why the hell we never went in for Alexis Sanchez

Sanchez was only £5m more and he is a much better player. He would have been an amazing partner for Aguero.

Bony may turn out to be a great signing but i think we could do slightly better.

Would he be happy playing second fiddle to Kun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.