Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player and I'd love him here, but I suspect we won't be able to clinch him in January due to

1. Lack of funds
2. Swansea won't sell
3. Other clubs with more available cash are more desperate.
4. He is bound to be mercenary in his decision.
5. Buy the time we could buy him our forwards will be fit and Bony will be off to ACN pre training camp. Yaya didn't even make the 3rd round of the FA Cup in 2012!

Nice idea but it ain't happening.

So who else can we fantasise about?

MaineRoadBlue said:
Great player and I'd love him here, but I suspect we won't be able to clinch him in January due to

1. Lack of funds
2. Swansea won't sell
5. Buy the time we could buy him our forwards will be fit and Bony will be off to ACN pre training camp. Yaya didn't even make the 3rd round of the FA Cup in 2012!

I stopped reading at lack of funds.

SWP's back said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

1. Lack of funds
2. Swansea won't sell

I stopped reading at lack of funds.
It's a laughable statement

I'm telling you now with near certainty, especially all those pining for Bony.. He won't play every week, he won't work well with rotation, he'll end up looking much rustier than his time at Swansea because he's only playing half the minutes and you'll all be pulling your hair out that he isn't good enough. We'll then jump on the usual merry go round of trying to shift him on to make way for someone worthwhile but struggling because we've offered him too much money and he 'wants to stay and fight for his place'. Not to mention given everyones situation he'll be heinously overpriced.

adrianr said:
I'm telling you now with near certainty, especially all those pining for Bony.. He won't play every week, he won't work well with rotation, he'll end up looking much rustier than his time at Swansea because he's only playing half the minutes and you'll all be pulling your hair out that he isn't good enough. We'll then jump on the usual merry go round of trying to shift him on to make way for someone worthwhile but struggling because we've offered him too much money and he 'wants to stay and fight for his place'. Not to mention given everyones situation he'll be heinously overpriced.

100%.

MaineRoadBlue said:

1. Lack of funds
2. Swansea won't sell

*waves at bigdavewatson*

adrianr said:
Although I think its highly unlikely we would go for Bony, unless there was a summer deal lined up whereby Dzeko goes back to Germany, I think your comments are totally out of order. Have you any evidence that Bony would behave in this way? Perhaps the truth is that he would be better managed at a club like City where no player is an automatic selection, and he would expect to be primed for higher performance levels with higher bonuses when selected which is something that a better focussed individual in this game should be all about. And besides, why should any player want to play for a poor to middling club and for a relatively modest wage, knowing that every second game could end with him being targeted by opposition kickers for being that clubs star name, and with his team getting booed off at the end? This is a realistic scenario for any team in the bottom half of the table. Why should he prefer that to a club like City where he will be a near certainty to pick up medals and international celebrity status to add to his substantially increased income. As I say, I don't expect us to sign Bony, but these remarks of mine are valid to aim at any player, unlike yours which may have been plucked out of RagCafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.