Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eden Hazard went for £32m so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Lyon will ask for similar amount for the French lad.

Ray78 said:
Eden Hazard went for £32m so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Lyon will ask for similar amount for the French lad.

I'd generally class that as an exception rather than the norm, but you are right he may cost that much

sam-caddick said:
neilmcnab said:
Bony not good enough... Plus ACON rules him out.

My top tip...... Is city will try and get
Alexandre Lacazette From Lyon.

This makes more sense.. He's 23. Currently the 2nd highest marksman in Europe. With persuasion from txii, I can see him bolstering our attack till Ageuro is back..

L'equipe had an article this weekend stating Lacazette is a phenomenon and he is the first striker in France since the late 70's to score 15 goals in the opening 18 games.

To say Bony isn't good enough is a false perception though, he needs a few chances to get a goal but you could say the same about Dzeko.

My only concern with Bony is he is anothe replayer who has to go to ACON, what happens if we have another striker situation like we currently are having next season around January time, if Yaya is still at City that's two players leaving on top of potential injuries.

I think we can only afford to have one ACON player.

Plus, the Premier League is a very expensive market and I can see Swansea wanting to try and get a full whack £35m.

If my sums are correct, Bony has a slightly better (0.2%) conversion rate in the league than Dzeko over the period since the start of last season.

You could argue who is the better striker until the end of the transfer window and beyond, The facts are the strikers that have been mentioned are valuable to their respected clubs and unless we can magic £40+m in this window on top of the wages they will demand or they are that unsettled they are causing a stink at their club and the club wants to get rid then they will stay for the rest of this season.

OB1 said:
sam-caddick said:
neilmcnab said:
Bony not good enough... Plus ACON rules him out.

My top tip...... Is city will try and get
Alexandre Lacazette From Lyon.

This makes more sense.. He's 23. Currently the 2nd highest marksman in Europe. With persuasion from txii, I can see him bolstering our attack till Ageuro is back..

L'equipe had an article this weekend stating Lacazette is a phenomenon and he is the first striker in France since the late 70's to score 15 goals in the opening 18 games.

To say Bony isn't good enough is a false perception though, he needs a few chances to get a goal but you could say the same about Dzeko.

My only concern with Bony is he is anothe replayer who has to go to ACON, what happens if we have another striker situation like we currently are having next season around January time, if Yaya is still at City that's two players leaving on top of potential injuries.

Plus, the Premier League is a very expensive market and I can see Swansea wanting to try and get a full whack £35m.

If my sums are correct, Bony has a slightly better (0.2%) conversion rate in the league than Dzeko over the period since the start of last season.
Lacazette looks quite decent on youtube, but then so did Sinclair. That said, he's young, not without skill and is a worker with an eye for goal. He also seems a versatile front runner and although he wouldn't at this time be expected to keep a fit Kun on the bench, he looks like he could provide a striking option from the wings and if we could get him relatively cheaply [by our standards] he could be worth a punt. The only real worry I would have is the intensity gap between the English game and the French, and he might need a period of adjustment before being regarded as a regular team member.

Although it's there for all to see with Bony, everyone who thinks he is is like Negrado are wrong, for his size Negrado is an extremely gifted footballer in the fact he is highly technical assistance as more pace than most of his build and has great vision. Bony is a good player but he is more like dzeko and against Roma without the pace of Sergio in behind both Stevan and dzeko were relativly easy to defend against.

What I think we really need as a backup or second choice to Kun is someone with pace in behind, anyone with real pace can unsettle defences not just because of what they can do but if u get them on the back foot our attacking midfielders can use the space better and for me either of Dybala ( who would be the more expensive option) and lacuzette would be perfect and if we cash in on Guidetti and Nastasic that could give us £8-£10 mill towards whoever it may be.

I'm no cynic said:
OB1 said:
sam-caddick said:

Lacazette looks quite decent on youtube, but then so did Sinclair. That said, he's young, not without skill and is a worker with an eye for goal. He also seems a versatile front runner and although he wouldn't at this time be expected to keep a fit Kun on the bench, he looks like he could provide a striking option from the wings and if we could get him relatively cheaply [by our standards] he could be worth a punt. The only real worry I would have is the intensity gap between the English game and the French, and he might need a period of adjustment before being regarded as a regular team member.

Just looked at a Youtube reel of his goals and there's some good stuff there but also some lamentable goalkeeping.

Interesting little snippet from a mate who knows a man

This man is saying that Bony to us is done and dusted already

I'm using a disclaimer as this is third hand information but the 'man' currently works at City

Don't slap the messenger ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.