Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bony looked a very useful player whenever he had played against us and Swansea do play a similar style that we play as well so he may not have to adapt his game all that much. The problem is he is Swansea's main man, and as much as he might look good in our squad we don't know well he can adapt to being rotated.

Ray78 said:
Bony looked a very useful player whenever he had played against us and Swansea are similar to the possession based type of football we play, so he doesn't have to adapt his game all that much. The problem is he is Swansea's main man, and as much as he might look good in our squad we don't know well he can adapt to being rotated.
Unless we sign all our players from no more than half a dozen prime clubs of European repute, you could say that of ANY player we were set to sign. I made my remarks earlier because that particular poster could have been a resident rag, such was the bile that was being spouted.

I'm no cynic said:
adrianr said:
I'm telling you now with near certainty, especially all those pining for Bony.. He won't play every week, he won't work well with rotation, he'll end up looking much rustier than his time at Swansea because he's only playing half the minutes and you'll all be pulling your hair out that he isn't good enough. We'll then jump on the usual merry go round of trying to shift him on to make way for someone worthwhile but struggling because we've offered him too much money and he 'wants to stay and fight for his place'. Not to mention given everyones situation he'll be heinously overpriced.
Although I think its highly unlikely we would go for Bony, unless there was a summer deal lined up whereby Dzeko goes back to Germany, I think your comments are totally out of order. Have you any evidence that Bony would behave in this way? Perhaps the truth is that he would be better managed at a club like City where no player is an automatic selection, and he would expect to be primed for higher performance levels with higher bonuses when selected which is something that a better focussed individual in this game should be all about. And besides, why should any player want to play for a poor to middling club and for a relatively modest wage, knowing that every second game could end with him being targeted by opposition kickers for being that clubs star name, and with his team getting booed off at the end? This is a realistic scenario for any team in the bottom half of the table. Why should he prefer that to a club like City where he will be a near certainty to pick up medals and international celebrity status to add to his substantially increased income. As I say, I don't expect us to sign Bony, but these remarks of mine are valid to aim at any player, unlike yours which may have been plucked out of RagCafe.

Blimey, bad day? Perhaps that is the truth - My comments are no more or less valid than yours. Maybe he would be good, maybe he wouldn't. I'm saying that take him out of that Swansea side playing week in week out, stick him in our side where he'll be rotated in and out (more often out, I'd guess, especially if Aguero regains some consistency with his injuries) and he won't be as good. Not just that, but my main point is that those of you saying we have to sign him I'll bet my last rolo will be the first in line to denigrate him when that comes to pass. Suddenly everyone will be asking "Where's the player we signed from Swansea?".

I can't believe after all the whining on here about not going for good enough players how often I've read that we should sign Bony. IMO, you can see the result coming a mile off.

And I'm sure he rather would be at City. I've said nothing to the contrary. The opposite in fact. I'm saying that as is often the case with panic buys, we'll realise he doesn't have a long term future here, and he won't want to leave!

sir peace frog said:
that big black lad from cska gave us a right run-around

dumbia(sp)

A good shout but he too is Ivorian and may be off to the AFCON.

I'm no cynic said:
Ray78 said:
Bony looked a very useful player whenever he had played against us and Swansea are similar to the possession based type of football we play, so he doesn't have to adapt his game all that much. The problem is he is Swansea's main man, and as much as he might look good in our squad we don't know well he can adapt to being rotated.
Unless we sign all our players from no more than half a dozen prime clubs of European repute, you could say that of ANY player we were set to sign. I made my remarks earlier because that particular poster could have been a resident rag, such was the bile that was being spouted.

Lol, as sure as night turns to day, there it is. And bile! Strewth. Hardly! Feel free to bookmark that post if we do sign him :)

adrianr said:
I'm no cynic said:
Ray78 said:

Lol, as sure as night turns to day, there it is. And bile! Strewth. Hardly! Feel free to bookmark that post if we do sign him :)
Just go back a page and read your own post, then think about it for a few moments. If it had not been posted by yourself, then wouldn't you have come to the same conclusion about the poster as I did?

For what it's worth, I don't think Bony would be a good signing for us as he is less than we have come to expect, but to slag him off before seeing him in a blue shirt first and with such vitriol was a bit on the low side. But if you know more than Txiki and Pellegrini, then I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

adrianr said:
I'm no cynic said:
adrianr said:
I'm telling you now with near certainty, especially all those pining for Bony.. He won't play every week, he won't work well with rotation, he'll end up looking much rustier than his time at Swansea because he's only playing half the minutes and you'll all be pulling your hair out that he isn't good enough. We'll then jump on the usual merry go round of trying to shift him on to make way for someone worthwhile but struggling because we've offered him too much money and he 'wants to stay and fight for his place'. Not to mention given everyones situation he'll be heinously overpriced.
Although I think its highly unlikely we would go for Bony, unless there was a summer deal lined up whereby Dzeko goes back to Germany, I think your comments are totally out of order. Have you any evidence that Bony would behave in this way? Perhaps the truth is that he would be better managed at a club like City where no player is an automatic selection, and he would expect to be primed for higher performance levels with higher bonuses when selected which is something that a better focussed individual in this game should be all about. And besides, why should any player want to play for a poor to middling club and for a relatively modest wage, knowing that every second game could end with him being targeted by opposition kickers for being that clubs star name, and with his team getting booed off at the end? This is a realistic scenario for any team in the bottom half of the table. Why should he prefer that to a club like City where he will be a near certainty to pick up medals and international celebrity status to add to his substantially increased income. As I say, I don't expect us to sign Bony, but these remarks of mine are valid to aim at any player, unlike yours which may have been plucked out of RagCafe.

Blimey, bad day? Perhaps that is the truth - My comments are no more or less valid than yours. Maybe he would be good, maybe he wouldn't. I'm saying that take him out of that Swansea side playing week in week out, stick him in our side where he'll be rotated in and out (more often out, I'd guess, especially if Aguero regains some consistency with his injuries) and he won't be as good. Not just that, but my main point is that those of you saying we have to sign him I'll bet my last rolo will be the first in line to denigrate him when that comes to pass. Suddenly everyone will be asking "Where's the player we signed from Swansea?".

I can't believe after all the whining on here about not going for good enough players how often I've read that we should sign Bony. IMO, you can see the result coming a mile off.

And I'm sure he rather would be at City. I've said nothing to the contrary. The opposite in fact. I'm saying that as is often the case with panic buys, we'll realise he doesn't have a long term future here, and he won't want to leave!

Honestly you could say the same about a lot of strikers. Look at Falcao at United. Higuain isn't looking so good at Napoli at the moment. Not to mention mad Mario and his lack of production on the pitch. A lot of critics say Cavani doesn't justify his price tag at PSG. It's hard to say who will pan out and who won't. There really aren't that many top strikers available. Bony already playing in the PL knows the league. He's strong and good in the air and can finish with is feet as well.

city91 said:
Ray78 said:
sir peace frog said:
that big black lad from cska gave us a right run-around

dumbia(sp)

A good shout but he too is Ivorian and may be off to the AFCON.

Doesn't his contract expire in the summer though?

He is but he is in talks with CSKA about signing a new contract. A few clubs are rumoured to be interested but he has a £20m price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.