Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
JonnyBoi said:
Some proper moaning b******s in this thread. No wonder there is never any atmosphere, everyone sits waiting to be proven right that (insert player) isn't good enough to play for our club. Just so when they give one ball away they can turn to their mate and say 'told ya, he's shite him'.

He's a goalscorer and a proven one at that.

Be happy that we're even in a position to sign these players and get behind them.

Rant over.
I've read a lot of the posts in the last 20-30 pages, the only "moaning" I've seen has been from Dzeko fan boys, because a few people have said Bony will take his place.

Others (myself included) have questioned whether its a top of the range signing, I can't see anything wrong with asking that question, since the club aspires to be one of the top clubs in world football. Some (the majority it seems) think he may well be, and that is what a discussion forum is for, discussing.

I can't see a single post suggesting anyone won't "get behind him".
Good God! It's got that bad that if you like Dzeko then you have a derogatory name to go with it.

As for Bony, I've no doubt he'll score for us given the opportunities Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Milner and Navas will create for him. It'll be interesting to see how Pellegrini manages them all when they're fit (will that ever happen?). It'll be a good headache for him though.

cleavers said:
JonnyBoi said:
Some proper moaning b******s in this thread. No wonder there is never any atmosphere, everyone sits waiting to be proven right that (insert player) isn't good enough to play for our club. Just so when they give one ball away they can turn to their mate and say 'told ya, he's shite him'.

He's a goalscorer and a proven one at that.

Be happy that we're even in a position to sign these players and get behind them.

Rant over.
I've read a lot of the posts in the last 20-30 pages, the only "moaning" I've seen has been from Dzeko fan boys, because a few people have said Bony will take his place.

Others (myself included) have questioned whether its a top of the range signing, I can't see anything wrong with asking that question, since the club aspires to be one of the top clubs in world football. Some (the majority it seems) think he may well be, and that is what a discussion forum is for, discussing.

I can't see a single post suggesting anyone won't "get behind him".

That's it though, 'questioning' whether he's got what it takes and inferring he shouldn't be at a top level club. Before he's even kicked a ball.

The fact of the matter is that the elite management we have in place believe he is, and that he's worth whatever they sign on the cheque. We should all be buzzing!

I'm pleased that we're in for him and I'm sure he'll appreciate our full support.

Silva_Spell said:
Surprisingly, Bony has a very similar goal record from open play as Falcao's best season at Atletico. Nearly a 3rd of Falcao's goals were pens and the same again were from corners/crossed free kicks.

u5eLvME.png

Taking out pens, Bony has scored 0.55 goals per 90 for Swansea this season whilst Falcao had 0.62 goals per 90

I'm sure no-one would talk about money were we signing a pre-injury Falcao for 25-30m and paying him around 100k p/w.

The question is whether Bony can do it in a top team (no offence to Swansea) as Falcao did. Some players do worse instead of better being surrounded by better players.

Goals from set piecies 0.07 ??? How many Crouches do we buy with 30m ?

oakiecokie said:
People seem to forget that we have played games over the past few weeks with centre forwards ranging from Pozo and Milner to even Jovetic,who is no centre forward.This signing is basically a direct swap for The Beast and I for one will be more than happy if it goes through.
Chances to sign top players in January are few and far between so that`s we have pushed this deal through very quickly.
I agree with that, but I don't see why people bringing up points to discuss, should be slated by some, who actually don't make any point other than "moaning bastards", and can't spot the irony....

I'm more than happy to trust those in charge, and will be right behind the lad once he's signed, I also think that there have been some convincing arguments as to why its good in this thread, yours being one of them oakie, ie that he's a direct replacement for Negredo and nothing else.

I think there is genuine concern over how it affects FFP, spending this on one player in January, a noted bad time for buying players, and I've concerns over signing someone who won't be available to us for up to six weeks, and who could come back injured before he's even kicked a ball for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.