Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
JonnyBoi said:
Some proper moaning b******s in this thread. No wonder there is never any atmosphere, everyone sits waiting to be proven right that (insert player) isn't good enough to play for our club. Just so when they give one ball away they can turn to their mate and say 'told ya, he's shite him'.

He's a goalscorer and a proven one at that.

Be happy that we're even in a position to sign these players and get behind them.

Rant over.
I've read a lot of the posts in the last 20-30 pages, the only "moaning" I've seen has been from Dzeko fan boys, because a few people have said Bony will take his place.

Others (myself included) have questioned whether its a top of the range signing, I can't see anything wrong with asking that question, since the club aspires to be one of the top clubs in world football. Some (the majority it seems) think he may well be, and that is what a discussion forum is for, discussing.

I can't see a single post suggesting anyone won't "get behind him".

People seem to forget that we have played games over the past few weeks with centre forwards ranging from Pozo and Milner to even Jovetic,who is no centre forward.This signing is basically a direct swap for The Beast and I for one will be more than happy if it goes through.
Chances to sign top players in January are few and far between so that`s we have pushed this deal through very quickly.

Bony would best a top signing for City for many of the reasons stated on here already. IMO, compared to Lukaku at £28m, on current form £30m for Bony would be a steal and also compared to the £24m we will be getting for Alvaro, Bony could make the same difference that - dare I say it - that RVP made for the Rags the season before last.
Bony has incredible awareness which in all honesty is something that Dzeko does lack at times and in a side like City with the likes of Silva, Nasri & Yaya always being 2-3 passes ahead of the game in their heads, will mean taking those extra chances. His hold up game is also exceptional and at Swansea, with the greatest respect, he just does not have the talent supporting him.
At the age of 26, the next 3 years is clearly going to be his peak time. BARGAIN AT £30M

bluemoon98 said:
Blue Streak said:
bluemoon98 said:
He will have a medical tomorrow :D

Where though? as I've previously asked in this thread. Bridgewater Hospital, Spire in Whalley Range or at the CFA?

From a guy who has a lot of inside news says he will go to etihad for contract and that so could be any of those 3 places for medicals before he leaves for AFCON tomorrow afternoon/evening

Cheers pal,is this the same source that mentioned Miranda?

Surprisingly, Bony has a very similar goal record from open play as Falcao's best season at Atletico. Nearly a 3rd of Falcao's goals were pens and the same again were from corners/crossed free kicks.

u5eLvME.png

Taking out pens, Bony has scored 0.55 goals per 90 for Swansea this season whilst Falcao had 0.62 goals per 90

I'm sure no-one would talk about money were we signing a pre-injury Falcao for 25-30m and paying him around 100k p/w.

The question is whether Bony can do it in a top team (no offence to Swansea) as Falcao did. Some players do worse instead of better being surrounded by better players.

Evening.

I've looked up shots to goals/chance conversion rate.

Costa 1 in 4
Aguero 1 in 5
Bony 1 in 6 - 7

So it is a fair criticism that he is less efficient than the best.

What I think is exciting about him is that he would add a different dimension to our play that has been lacking since Negredo left.

We've lacked a striker who can receive a fast pass in the air with his back to goal, in a tight spot. It is a really valuable tool in the box when you're behind and a team is defending deep.

Dzeko is a big guy but people often mistake this to mean that he's a target man. Hold up play, with his back to goal. isn't his strong suit: he's relatively easily pushed around and has a fairly heavy touch compared to others. Unlike others I'm not saying he's 'shit', just that he has limits.

Bony is very good at receiving the ball into feet or in the air and holding it up. Mario, Negredo, and Tevez (at his feet) were all great at this in recent years and it paid dividends.

If we'd had him for West Ham away or Stoke at home I think we'd have at least taken a point from each game. We'd now be sitting top of the league. This could make a big difference come May so I hope it comes off.

I can see him having a medical this week, next week will be very tight time wise because the competition starts next weekend so after that it will be too late.

FantasyIreland said:
bluemoon98 said:
Blue Streak said:
Where though? as I've previously asked in this thread. Bridgewater Hospital, Spire in Whalley Range or at the CFA?

From a guy who has a lot of inside news says he will go to etihad for contract and that so could be any of those 3 places for medicals before he leaves for AFCON tomorrow afternoon/evening

Cheers pal,is this the same source that mentioned Miranda?

That was my own prediction ;) this bony one is actually a real source

Silva_Spell said:
Surprisingly, Bony has a very similar goal record from open play as Falcao's best season at Atletico. Nearly a 3rd of Falcao's goals were pens and the same again were from corners/crossed free kicks.

u5eLvME.png

Taking out pens, Bony has scored 0.55 goals per 90 for Swansea this season whilst Falcao had 0.62 goals per 90

I'm sure no-one would talk about money were we signing a pre-injury Falcao for 25-30m and paying him around 100k p/w.

The question is whether Bony can do it in a top team (no offence to Swansea) as Falcao did. Some players do worse instead of better being surrounded by better players.

Awesome post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.