Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnsonontheleft said:
We are currently desperate for strikers. In a month we won't be. Signing Bony now for £30 million when we let Negredo go for around £20m is a Swales-esque piece of financial mismanagement.

I hope we don't sign Bony as I really don't think we will need him when he gets back from ACON.

Or you could take the widely quoted 25 mil each and run with that? Plus the fact that Negredo forced the club's hand and needed out for whatever reason?

Potaato vs potatoe

I trust the men who have got us this far. Not doing a bad job of it eh?

Johnsonontheleft said:
We are currently desperate for strikers. In a month we won't be. Signing Bony now for £30 million when we let Negredo go for around £20m is a Swales-esque piece of financial mismanagement.

I hope we don't sign Bony as I really don't think we will need him when he gets back from ACON.

So you don't think he offers anything different to Aguero or Dzeko ?

Negredo wanted out and to get £25m for a near 30 year old is good business.

The only downside as mentioned before is we go to a permanent 4-4-2 system, doesn't help us too much in the big European games.

kippaxblue76 said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

So you don't think he offers anything different to Aguero or Dzeko ?

Negredo wanted out and to get £25m for a near 30 year old is good business.

I agree, we made a profit on Negredo and at the end of the day he wanted out so I don't see why people are constantly bringing him up.

Bony isn't as clinical as Aguero but I would say he is similar to Edin in front of goal and is definitely superior outside the box with his excellent link up play.

His passing is very good as well for a centre forward.

I can see him an Aguero causing some real havoc!

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Hopefully tomorrow then.
Doubt it. Probably just getting the contract signed and the medical done before he goes off to ACON.

Can see the transfer negotiations dragging into next week.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
The only downside as mentioned before is we go to a permanent 4-4-2 system, doesn't help us too much in the big European games.

Atletico Madrid won La Liga and got to the Champions League final by playing 4-4-2.

Ray78 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

Atletico Madrid won La Liga and got to the Champions League final by playing 4-4-2.
Tbh for Atletico that was likely more of an 8-2 system. Atletico play very differently than we do. I don't think we'd be happy only getting 1 goal every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.