Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
yayas trusty right foot said:
bobmcfc said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Agree..... we won't be spending money on a player that is going to ACON shortly

Kun and Edin will be back before he will then he'd just be a bench warmer. Plus Swansea would absolutely rape us on the fee for their top player

They cant, we have a budget..

Haha

bobmcfc said:
callumcity said:
city91 said:
Thats rich from someone who constantly slags Dzeko.

I just don't rate Dzeko mate. He isn't good enough, Bony is. And Bellamy was.

Although if Dzeko had the work rate and desire of Bellamy then maybe I wouldn't be as hard on him.

Bellamy was a disruptive influence, always wanted it his own way. He caused murder in the dressing room and was a big factor in us dumping his arse.
We shouldn't buy bony because he is going away and our best strikers will be back fit and playing before he steps back off the plane. That is why he would be a waste of money.

With Kun and Jovs injury problems I think we definitely need another striker. Do you not agree?

Also thats bollocks about Bellamy. The guy is known for his commitment to the game.

I would start Bony ahead of all except Kun,and even then,there are certain games his presence and extra aggression would give him the nod.
He would give this team a totally different dimension,both our midfield and defence would benefit from his ability to hold up the ball and link play.In terms of team play and cohesion he leaves Dzeko trailing.

I think we should buy Bony.

26 year old who has a good goal scoring record and is powerful enough to move defenders around and create space for others.

His touch is good.

A shame about AFCON but the signing is not just for this season. Aguero is our number one striker, most strikers coming in would not replace Aguero. If Bony is prepared to play a secondary role then it could work out fantastic for City.

bobmcfc said:
callumcity said:
city91 said:
Thats rich from someone who constantly slags Dzeko.

Although if Dzeko had the work rate and desire of Bellamy then maybe I wouldn't be as hard on him.

Bellamy was a disruptive influence, always wanted it his own way. He caused murder in the dressing room and was a big factor in us dumping his arse.
We shouldn't buy bony because he is going away and our best strikers will be back fit and playing before he steps back off the plane. That is why he would be a waste of money.

Don't be ridiculous, do you really think that the club is short sighted enough not to buy somebody because they will not be available for four games ?

Maybe they actually want a long term replacement for Negredo rather than trying to cover injuries. Surely that is what they are doing, if they are going to buy him.

I'm not one for signing players on highlight reels, but do the goals scored below and his movement in the box not remind you of one Kun Aguero? It's almost uncanny when you watch it (albeit Bony is better in the air). He would be perfect for us. ACoN doesn't bother me, we aren't just signing him to play for us for a month.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4S_JSxaOI0[/video]

80s Shorts said:
bobmcfc said:
callumcity said:

Don't be ridiculous, do you really think that the club is short sighted enough not to buy somebody because they will not be available for four games ?

Maybe they actually want a long term replacement for Negredo rather than trying to cover injuries. Surely that is what they are doing, if they are going to buy him.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh at last :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Andouble said:
I'm not one for signing players on highlight reels, but do the goals scored below and his movement in the box not remind you of one Kun Aguero? It's almost uncanny when you watch it (albeit Bony is better in the air). He would be perfect for us. ACoN doesn't bother me, we aren't just signing him to play for us for a month.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4S_JSxaOI0[/video]

How annoying to watch. Why has it been filmed through the bottom of a bottle ?

80s Shorts said:
bobmcfc said:
callumcity said:

I don't think the club considered the striker situation at all when they let negredo go without a replacement. Everyone on this forum voiced concerns that Kun and jovetic would get injured and it would leave us with with only Dzeko ! Some feared he would too get crocked, which as bad luck would have it has happened. Yes the club were short sighted in the summer, we screamed from the rafters this would happen and it did so don't get your hopes up that they will remedy it now with only 12m budget .
If they go for him I reckon they will do it in summer not now !

bobmcfc said:
80s Shorts said:
bobmcfc said:

I don't think the club considered the striker situation at all when they let negredo go without a replacement. Everyone on this forum voiced concerns that Kun and jovetic would get injured and it would leave us with with only Dzeko ! Some feared he would too get crocked, which as bad luck would have it has happened. Yes the club were short sighted in the summer, we screamed from the rafters this would happen and it did so don't get your hopes up that they will remedy it now with only 12m budget .
If they go for him I reckon they will do it in summer not now !

Which way do you want it ?

On the one hand you accuse the club of being short sighted by getting rid if Negredo without a replacement, whilst on the other you are saying don't buy Bony as we will have our strikers back soon. A rather schizophrenic point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.