Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
mad zab said:
Baker Boy said:
Haven't we only got £17m of our FFP reduced budget remaining to spend?!

Yep we have and that is why sigining him in January for £30m is bullshit!

Personally I would go for Benteke in the summer as Villa will most probably have to sell and he is a better all round player than Bony imo
You do realise we have more than £17 million? Hence its not necessarily bullshit........

Allow me to enlighten with a quote from the official Manchester City Statement in May regarding the sanctions

- The Club's expenditure on new players for the upcoming summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros. This will have no material impact on the Club's planned transfer activity.

i♥city! said:
Maldeika said:
Ray78 said:
Unavailable and struggled to adapt to Bayern Munich style of play and may not be too happy not being first choice.

He did not have problems to adapt to the Bayern style - for Heynckes he was perfect. Guardiola is special...

Mandzukic is a very lazy player, like Lewandowski. You have to do all the work for them, we need an attacker who can spin gold out of garbage, someone in the mould of Negredo and I think Bony fits the bill.

He's one of the hardest working strikers in world football.

Calling Mandzukic lazy is like calling Aguero lazy. Utter tosh, it's basically just stereotyping the stoic Balkan striker. Mandzukic is one of the hardest working target men out there - do you think Simeone would have entertained the idea of signing him otherwise?

Benteke isn't technically good enough for the style of football we play in my opinion, he is an out and out box player if you ask me and whilst that is a very good asset to have, you need more to your game than that to play or us.

I personally think Dzeko is quite poor outside of the box, but he is better than Benteke.

Bony on the other hand has a good first touch, can find a pass, offers great link up play, and is lethal inside the box, if he was doing what he is currently doing for Swansea in another top country we would be all screaming to sign him, yet because he plays for a mid-table Premier League team he isn't good enough....

Mandzukic is another option but Bony for me is proven in the Premier League and is a younger option.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
mad zab said:
Baker Boy said:
Haven't we only got £17m of our FFP reduced budget remaining to spend?!

Personally I would go for Benteke in the summer as Villa will most probably have to sell and he is a better all round player than Bony imo
You do realise we have more than £17 million? Hence its not necessarily bullshit........

Allow me to enlighten with a quote from the official Manchester City Statement in May regarding the sanctions

- The Club's expenditure on new players for the upcoming summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros. This will have no material impact on the Club's planned transfer activity.
I think we spent £32m in the Summer so that would leave £18m. That excludes Negredo.

Marvin said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
mad zab said:

I think we spent £32m in the Summer so that would leave £18m. That excludes Negredo.

In theory it doesn't stop us using the £18m as a down payment and paying the rest in instalments.

Kun Aguero said:
i♥city! said:
Maldeika said:
He did not have problems to adapt to the Bayern style - for Heynckes he was perfect. Guardiola is special...

Mandzukic is a very lazy player, like Lewandowski. You have to do all the work for them, we need an attacker who can spin gold out of garbage, someone in the mould of Negredo and I think Bony fits the bill.

He's one of the hardest working strikers in world football.

He is. Not with running and drawing out defenders or mobility - but with tracking back, going into fights etc. He is more the physical player - physical not meaning speed.

Guardiola prefers the more technical striker who really participates in the gameplay.

For the Heynckes system Mandzukic was great as he is not too much the Alpha striker like e.g. Gomez is - with him we had 6 players with more than 10 goals in 2012/13. (But Bayern has the offensive midfielders etc. with high goal rates). Mandzu really occupies the two defenders.

With Guardiola he somehow was plan B - he had an enormous amount of headed goals last season. When all that playfullness did not work - cross and Mandzu worked in that matches.

Marvin said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
mad zab said:

But the statement reads that the sanction only applies to the Summer Window

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Marvin said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

But the statement reads that the sanction only applies to the Summer Window

The Club’s expenditure on new players for the summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros. This will have no material impact on the Club’s planned transfer activity.
- The wage bill of the whole club (playing and non-playing staff) for 2014-15 will need to remain at the same level as that of 2013-14 season. It is important to note that additional bonuses for performances can be paid outside this number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.