Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll be a great signing. He's already conditioned to the Premier League, he's a proven goalscorer and the only fly in the ointment is FFP and can we actually afford him with all the restrictions. Maybe it will be a loan deal with a an option to buy in the summer that would be one way round it I suppose.

sam-caddick said:
SA96 said:
I reckon we could have got Kane for £35-£40 million.

Disappointing, We should be aiming for much higher than Bony with £30 million

I like Kane a lot, but at the moment he is just a 6 month wonder and still has a long way to go to prove being worth £40m

£30m for Bony is about right in my opinion, he is a proven 20 goal a season striker in the PL, the next level up in Suarez, Sanchez etc.. You are looking at £50m+!
Arsenal got Sanchez for £35 million..

yayas trusty right foot said:
It always baffles me when people on here mention ACON, he will be back in Feb..

Even if he wasnt going to ACON the transfer would have probabily been dragged out until the last week in Jan.

If you think of it that way he will miss just a couple of weeks..
I agree with this. If we tried to sign someone and the deal dragged on til close to the deadline the only games he could play in til Bony is back are Hull (h), Stoke (a).

We will have him for the run in (13 league games, fa cup 5th round onwards and the CL)

Thought this was just paper talk but looking ever more likely to happen. He could well be, like Negredo was, the perfect foil for Aguero, but it'll be interesting to see how he deals with not being the main man and on potentially being benched for big games, does he have the mentality required?

MeatHunterrr said:
sam-caddick said:
SA96 said:
I reckon we could have got Kane for £35-£40 million.

Disappointing, We should be aiming for much higher than Bony with £30 million

I like Kane a lot, but at the moment he is just a 6 month wonder and still has a long way to go to prove being worth £40m

£30m for Bony is about right in my opinion, he is a proven 20 goal a season striker in the PL, the next level up in Suarez, Sanchez etc.. You are looking at £50m+!
Arsenal got Sanchez for £35 million..

But you wouldn't class Sanchez as an out and out goal scorer. He's more of a winger IMO.

stonie said:
Hihosilva said:
I don't get it. He's not going to be able to play when we need him.

totally agree, would be surprised if we signed him as I wasn't even sure we had funds left due to ffp to match 25-30 mill....

Nastasic off to either AC or Schalke, throw Sinclair into the Bony deal at it may only be £15m nett.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
yayas trusty right foot said:
It always baffles me when people on here mention ACON, he will be back in Feb..

Even if he wasnt going to ACON the transfer would have probabily been dragged out until the last week in Jan.

If you think of it that way he will miss just a couple of weeks..
I agree with this. If we tried to sign someone and the deal dragged on til close to the deadline the only games he could play in til Bony is back are Hull (h), Stoke (a).

We will have him for the run in (13 league games, fa cup 5th round onwards and the CL)
Who City are going to drop from CL squad? We are only restricted to 16 foreigners in CL squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.