Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me. He missed 4 good chances before he got his goal, he doesnt work hard enough and i could see trouble once everyone is fit and he doesnt play. Would cost too much for what he gives and goes to acon.

mcfcstu said:
Benteke all day for me.

A player who can't pass in a passing team? No thanks. Dzeko is a much better player than Benteke and gets enough hate on here.

City Watch @City_Watch · 15m 15 minutes ago

Telegraph: One of the strikers being considered by City for January is Swansea's Wilfried Bony, despite his upcoming absence due to AFCON.

City Watch @City_Watch · 2m 2 minutes ago

The Mirror is also reporting Bony on City's radar. He's the top scorer in the PL in 2014 with 20 goals (2nd Kun, 3rd Yaya, 4th Edin+Rooney).

would cost a fortune and be absent for AfCON. Hard to believe.

Like I have said on here earlier, Swansea could easily demand around £30m for Bony in January.

We haven't got that sort of money.

Buying another player that has to got to AFCON and especially in this upcoming January/ February sounds strange to me.

sam-caddick said:
Like I have said on here earlier, Swansea could easily demand around £30m for Bony in January.

We haven't got that sort of money.

Buying another player that has to got to AFCON and especially in this upcoming January/ February sounds strange to me.
There's nothing stopping us offering the same deal we have with Valencia regarding Negredo.

The player himself knows he'll be a target for bigger clubs, no disrespect to Swansea, he could very easily set a transfer in motion.

Also, Dzeko and Jovetic should be back by the time players head off to the ACON. We don't just need a striker to fill the void of injuries, we need another striker full stop and Bony is some pup.

If there's a possibilty of signing someone like Bony in January, I'd like to think the club would be all over it.

Bony not good enough... Plus ACON rules him out.

My top tip...... Is city will try and get
Alexandre Lacazette From Lyon.

This makes more sense.. He's 23. Currently the 2nd highest marksman in Europe. With persuasion from txii, I can see him bolstering our attack till Ageuro is back..

neilmcnab said:

This makes more sense.. He's 23. Currently the 2nd highest marksman in Europe. With persuasion from txii, I can see him bolstering our attack till Ageuro is back..

L'equipe had an article this weekend stating Lacazette is a phenomenon and he is the first striker in France since the late 70's to score 15 goals in the opening 18 games.

To say Bony isn't good enough is a false perception though, he needs a few chances to get a goal but you could say the same about Dzeko.

My only concern with Bony is he is anothe replayer who has to go to ACON, what happens if we have another striker situation like we currently are having next season around January time, if Yaya is still at City that's two players leaving on top of potential injuries.

I think we can only afford to have one ACON player.

Plus, the Premier League is a very expensive market and I can see Swansea wanting to try and get a full whack £35m.

Both Bony and Lacazette are good options but they have just signed contract extensions which will bump up their prices.

sam-caddick said:
neilmcnab said:

L'equipe had an article this weekend stating Lacazette is a phenomenon and he is the first striker in France since the late 70's to score 15 goals in the opening 18 games.

To say Bony isn't good enough is a false perception though, he needs a few chances to get a goal but you could say the same about Dzeko.

My only concern with Bony is he is anothe replayer who has to go to ACON, what happens if we have another striker situation like we currently are having next season around January time, if Yaya is still at City that's two players leaving on top of potential injuries.

I think we can only afford to have one ACON player.

Plus, the Premier League is a very expensive market and I can see Swansea wanting to try and get a full whack £35m.
If we had Bony and another situation like now presented itself next January then I'd be very happy we have a striker like Bony who wouldn't be away at a non-existent 2016 ACON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.