Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACON in the middle of the season, really annoying. no wonder Baconface refuse to sign African players. no point to sign Bony on January, just to see him off for a month. by the time he available, all our current striker will be fit.

BigOscar said:
FantasyIreland said:
We were crying out for a powerful centre forward today,someone putting themselves about and holding the ball up,the 95mins would have been much easier.

I cant think of anyone better.
You've got a real hard on for Bony don't you? ;)

If we were to go for him, then imo it should be to replace Dzeko, rather than to have as well as. I cannot see in what situation we'd ever play Dzeko if we had Bony tbh

yep, that's how I would like it. there will be many games where we will only have 1 striker, so having 3 CF with two of them only capable playing as a target man will make giving opportunities to both difficult.

It would have been fine if Jovetic wasnt as injury prone, but even he isnt really a striker

I would love Bony to come, even though he will be at the AFCON. Edin Dzeko is not good enough in my opinion, he lacks of technique and ball control in general, he is slow, and his finishing is also not very noteworthy. His physique and heading is great, but that's it.

You also have to think forward, we all know that Aguero will get injured again, and then our secondary striker has to deliver. I don't think Dzeko has the class to "replace" Aguero when he isn't fit, and if the team isn't playing well, Dzeko is not the type of player who creates chances by himself. He hasn't scored in 11 Champions League games as well. Bony is doing very well, he is hardly ever injured, and he is pretty much very similar to Aguero, just not quite on the same level. I don't think we have to sell Dzeko, we just need to bring another striker like Bony, it is not very satisfying to have Pozo as our 3rd striker. I don't consider Jovetic as a striker as well, he is more like a offensive playmaker, and he is also very injury prone. That is also why I think Bony would be a great signing, he is always fit our current strikers aren't.

I don't know how much MP has at his disposal for Jan transfers, or how much City can pay in salaries due to FFP. But we so need a striker and Bony ticks the boxes. One of the better strikers in the prem and would relish the opportunity at CL level. They should also look at Bojan and Efiksen, who is Spurs' best player.

I don't know how much MP has at his disposal for Jan transfers, or how much City can pay in salaries due to FFP. But we so need a striker and Bony ticks the boxes. One of the better strikers in the prem and would relish the opportunity at CL level. They should also look at Bojan and Efiksen, who is Spurs' best player.

We won't but bony now why do we need a striker?

To cover injuries early in January, to cover yaya's goals at ACON !

bony we may get a league game possibly 2 by the middle of feb meaning we are signing a player to go on the bench in March and April not a player to do what we need.

Would be a totally stupid move, any striker we need is one who can play 7 or 8 games in jam and early February and run themselves into the ground. We probably need to sign a benteke for this and I think we need Swedish john back too

EalingBlue2 said:
We won't but bony now why do we need a striker?

To cover injuries early in January, to cover yaya's goals at ACON !

bony we may get a league game possibly 2 by the middle of feb meaning we are signing a player to go on the bench in March and April not a player to do what we need.

Would be a totally stupid move, any striker we need is one who can play 7 or 8 games in jam and early February and run themselves into the ground. We probably need to sign a benteke for this and I think we need Swedish john back too
R u pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.