Wilfried Zaha

I never said Sancho is ready for the first team right now, we do know he is coming on the preseason to the US though and buying Zaha will only make his path into the first team a lot more difficult, and I don't think Zaha's ability is worth that risk. Players like Sancho you have to very careful about because he has to be promised a path into the team when he signs his professional deal or he'll fuck off to any team in the world and make faster progress. He's a confident kid too, so I can see him believing he wants to be an established first teamer when he is 18-19

Zaha would be a squad player for us, but he won't accept that role after what happened at United. Pretty much a sure thing for Spurs with N'Koudou and Sissoko being lesser successes.

I don't see the relevance in comparing Aleix Garcia's role in the first team to Sancho's, different players, different roles. Aleix is much more dependent on the players around him in midfield while Sancho is an independent winger.

You misunderstand me as well. I don't see how signing Zaha assuredly means it blocks Sancho's development. A lot depends on what we do with other moves anyway, so this is fairly speculative.

Seems more likely we would loan out Sancho, like we did with Maffeo and Angelino, Zinchenko, etc. before he sees much time with our first team. I think you're making some awfully big assumptions about what Sancho will or even can do regarding signing a professional contract. Not many big clubs can make such assurances, if any at all unless he's proving it regularly at a higher level, which is not where he is now. He may believe he is something, but unless you show it, like Jesus did, I doubt Pep is going to put that much faith in him.

Sounds to me you also just don't rate Zaha and worry about Sancho leaving for some reason, from what I'm reading. I don't think we know Zaha won't be into being a squad player, as if he goes to Spurs seems that he could be facing a similar situation.

I'm not saying we are desperate, but there is a fight going on for such players on top teams in England for a reason.

Clichy is gone, so there's a spot we need to fill and I have a feeling we are concerned about Delph's fitness, for good reason.

We can use EDS players to fill these slots, but would seem that this is not the primary way we wish to go.
Not that I don't think Zaha is good enough for a squad spot, he's obviously better than Navas and Nolito has been frozen out. However I'd rather give the spot to an EDS lad with a load of potential or one of our own young lads like Roberts, than sign a squad filler simply because they're association trained.
As for Roberts, okay, sure this is my opinion, but I don't think it's exactly one that's not shared by others. I cannot say I am watching him play much, but he has not been featuring regularly in Celtic's setup so why should we assume he gets into the team next season?
Roberts hasn't played as much because Celtic know they they're unlikely to keep him and would rather give game time to their own players. Rodgers has said as much. He's been one of, if not the most effective players on the pitch for them when he's played.

You misunderstand me as well. I don't see how signing Zaha assuredly means it blocks Sancho's development. A lot depends on what we do with other moves anyway, so this is fairly speculative.

Seems more likely we would loan out Sancho, like we did with Maffeo and Angelino, Zinchenko, etc. before he sees much time with our first team. I think you're making some awfully big assumptions about what Sancho will or even can do regarding signing a professional contract. Not many big clubs can make such assurances, if any at all unless he's proving it regularly at a higher level, which is not where he is now. He may believe he is something, but unless you show it, like Jesus did, I doubt Pep is going to put that much faith in him.

Sounds to me you also just don't rate Zaha and worry about Sancho leaving for some reason, from what I'm reading. I don't think we know Zaha won't be into being a squad player, as if he goes to Spurs seems that he could be facing a similar situation.

Sorry, how could you possibly read my comments and say I don't rate Zaha? The very first thing I said is that he's turned into a great winger.

Yes, it's likely Sancho will be loaned out if we buy Zaha. That's what I'm saying. I don't agree with loans for young players at all because they are very risky, ESPECIALLY the most valued players in the academy. It would send the wrong message to the less talented ones.

You seem to make the assumption that every academy kid has to go out on loan to prove themselves, that's wrong. All academy kids are 'not ready for the first team' and they will never be until they get a chance to play.

Of course, I would be worried about him leaving if you're brokering a professional deal with him and saying "You have to go out on loan and prove yourself before you can play in the first team" when he is to free go somewhere else and not deal with that risk at all. Maybe you're not aware of the clubs having an interest in him already.

Zaha won't be a squad player at Spurs and he won't be a starter for us, simple as that.

mmm...looks like a guy who will pull something off once for the other 9 times he runs down a blind alley.

Also still has that rag "fall over on the wind" knack with him, as well as his off the field "reputation".

Not sure, seems a lot for a bench player, can't see him AND Sanchez.

this is the follow up tweet

City view Zaha as one alternative to Alexis Sanchez, who they face competition from Paris Saint-Germain for. [Mirror]

i call rubbish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.