Will City sell out their allocation for the Charity Shield ?

If its not a sell out for us then it will be so embarrassing for the club, its at Wembley, and to be a derby game as well it couldn't of been a better community shield game. I am definitely going, got my ticket already but i would be embarrassed if i wasn't going.

i kne albert davy said:
Of the five of us who went to Semi and Final four are away on holiday if thats repeated across our fan base then we could well struggle to sell out,add to that we're going to have a few big away days in Europe as well.
I know loads who went to both games but are on holiday when the game is played.
I am going but I must admit it is a bit shit having to travel down to London to play a friendly,still it's a day out I suppose.

will sell out no problem, when (if) it goes to citycard there will be loads who missed out on the semi and final and won't miss the opportunity to go this time. we've only been given 28k ffs

I reckon we will, I know it's at a time when some will be away on holiday and also, it's less significant than most games which are played at Wembley (and we have already been now), but, still, it is a derby, and, not only that, but prices are considerably cheaper than most Wembley games, meaning it would not be as big a hit financially as it could have been, and, people who didn't get to go to Wembley last time will want to take their chance to go this time, so, yes, I think it will sell out.

A bit embarrasing if you can't sell out your allocation for a game at Wembley against your biggest rivals and with reasonable prices.

Motty said:
I reckon we will, I know it's at a time when some will be away on holiday and also, it's less significant than most games which are played at Wembley (and we have already been now), but, still, it is a derby, and, not only that, but prices are considerably cheaper than most Wembley games, meaning it would not be as big a hit financially as it could have been, and, people who didn't get to go to Wembley last time will want to take their chance to go this time, so, yes, I think it will sell out.

A bit embarrasing if you can't sell out your allocation for a game at Wembley against your biggest rivals and with reasonable prices.

Even more embarrassing sendin' two Manchester sides 200 miles , and all the expense that involves , to play what basically amounts to be a friendly ........

what good is it to win this shield????

why not hold it at the Swamp an' give City half the crowd , or just under?

They'd almost be as many turned up there as there will be at Wembley anyway ..... but this game , once again , is all about the greed of the FA!

black mamba said:
Motty said:

Even more embarrassing sendin' two Manchester sides 200 miles , and all the expense that involves , to play what basically amounts to be a friendly ........

why not hold it at the Swamp an' give City half the crowd ?

But it's always been played at Wembley, it's tradition, surely you can't just change it and go against that tradition because one year two Manchester sides are playing in it that year. Just something that, irritatingly, we have to put up with. Would be wrong to change it, unless you're going to do the same for every Community Shield final.
Better having this at Wembley than having the semi final was, as this is actually like a cup final, and, it's a clash of two of the most successful teams of last season. League winner meets cup winner.

Having it at the Swamp would still involve people travelling 200 miles but the opposite way, the only difference is it wouldn't be City fans!

Motty said:
black mamba said:
Motty said:

But it's always been played at Wembley, it's tradition, surely you can't just change it and go against that tradition because one year two Manchester sides are playing in it that year. Just something that, irritatingly, we have to put up with. Would be wrong to change it, unless you're going to do the same for every Community Shield final.
Better having this at Wembley than having the semi final was, as this is actually like a cup final, and, it's a clash of two of the most successful teams of last season. League winner meets cup winner.

Having it at the Swamp would still involve people travelling 200 miles but the opposite way, the only difference is it wouldn't be City fans!

Not always been played at Wembley , Motty .....

even the FA Cup final hasn't always been played at Wembley ...... one or two of them have even been played in Fallowfield !

black mamba said:
Motty said:
black mamba said:

Not always been played at Wembley Motty .....

even the FA Cup final hasn't always been played at Wembley ...... one or two of them have even been played in Fallowfield !

It has since 1974 :) (according to Wikipedia!)

Interestingly, five finals have been played at Maine Road, including the last one before it moved to a permanent venue :) .

Motty said:
black mamba said:
Motty said:

Not always been played at Wembley Motty .....

It has since 1974 :) (according to Wikipedia!)

Interestingly, five finals have been played at Maine Road, including the last one before it moved to a permanent venue :) .

Yep .......

1974 , first charity shield at wembley ....... Liverpool v Leeds

one or two FA Cup finals were also staged at Moseley Road , in Fallowfield.

are you jokin mate, city will fill any stadium anytime they want to?, wembley against united will be rammed mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.