Will City win the league next season?

Yes. And if we're still banned from the CL we'll do another treble.

Newcastle will be the whipping boys for PiGMOL next season should the takeover be completed. It's like watching the same corrupt circle going around.

not fit for purpose for years ? Even tho we won three domestic trophies the year before this ?

No, I'm not saying they're bad, just in big important games there seems to be a guaranteed fuck up, that has cost you in the CL and this season. I just think if you crack the defence, you will be unstoppable.

We need a proper replacement for Kompany and one for Sane if he leaves.

We missed both players tremendously this season.

We need to get Fern back where he belongs rather than dicking about with him at CB.

Sort these bits and no **** will get near us.

I think next season will be a huge test of Pep. My own view is if you are to have a chance your defence needs sorted. I was reading up here that when VVD was with us, you were looking at him but decided not to put a bid in. Even though you have spent more on one defender than we have our team, to me, it's not fit for purpose and hasn't been for a few years.

So, yes if you fix the defence and no if you don't.

I don’t actually think the defence is the main issue, especially once we get Laporte back.

I’ve had a much bigger issue with our wastefulness in front of goal this season. How we have lost to United three times this season and failed to beat Spurs is a mystery. In those games alone Sterling and Aguero could have had hat tricks!

There’s definitely been the odd clusterfuck from the defence at times, look at Stones in the cup final against Villa. But even in that game we should have been out of sight with the chances we created.

I don’t actually think the defence is the main issue, especially once we get Laporte back.

I’ve had a much bigger issue with our wastefulness in front of goal this season. How we have lost to United three times this season and failed to beat Spurs is a mystery. In those games alone Sterling and Aguero could have had hat tricks!

There’s definitely been the odd clusterfuck from the defence at times, look at Stones in the cup final against Villa. But even in that game we should have been out of sight with the chances we created.

You did miss a barrow load of sitter's. Never a good thing.

You did miss a barrow load of sitter's. Never a good thing.
Think it’s partly perception, we create barrow loads so miss more, not a stats man but recall seeing our conversion rate isn’t bad. The biggest issue for me was getting caught on the break, Laporte would solve a fair bit of that, then a new partner for him and reliable left back, whether a fit Mendy or someone else.
Our season wasn’t that bad, think we’d have got 80 plus points, we won the league cup were still in the FA and c/ l so an improvement of 15 or so points will get us back to the 99/100 region, doubt liverpool will repeat this season again but they will be our main challenger.

It would not surprise me one jot that we would be deducted a dozen points at the start of the season for having the temerity to have denied the Rags and Dippers titles in the way we did - GD one season and a point the other, oh sorry, for busting a hole through the English game's FFP, or could it possibly be for not racking up hundreds of millions of £s/$s of good old undiluted unadulterated DEBT!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.