Will City win the league next season?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Magicpole, 20 May 2020.

1. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

We have got an unbelievable wealth of talent upfront and in midfield. We are vulnerable in defence. Have been for a season or two. I turn up at The Etihad thinking we are gonna outscore most opponents but against teams that we need to deny every single point we have been vulnerable. Yer don't win a title with an 'iffy' defence.

2. Akpowell

Akpowell

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    If we improve the defence, and start putting our chances away, we have a good chance

3. Blu1

Blu1

Not sure with Covid. We are desperate for a few new players but I don’t see any clubs splashing the cash. Maybe we can justify sane cash if he goes. I see us & Liverpool fighting it out regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    We need to win CL this year. Only 4 games to win to be Champions of Europe, even 3 would do in few scenarios. Pep is not great in two game ties, he overthinks, but in one game, we're better than anyone. we'll never have that chance again. And David would have the best goodbye possible. If we do that, anything we win next year is very welcomed bonus.

tolmie's hairdoo likes this.
  5. ancoats

ancoats

the summer or should i say the mid autumn transfer window will be the judge on who wins the league next season. city must fill the hole in the centre of defence because playing a cover midfield player again will kills us. so one maybe 2 defenders is top of the list then another striker ? front 3 player if sane leaves. then we have the problem called mendy at left back ? will he stay fit or will he be off so left back wing back will need looking at

so money is there and players leaving and freeing up some room ? then the season should belong to one player PHIL FODEN and all the talk must stop and the talking turning to his match stats and goals. i see a great future in the lad both at city and england

6. SamBlue

SamBlue

If played without supporters, we are going to walk it. But I won't care very much.

tolmie's hairdoo likes this.
  7. Bill the Blue

Bill the Blue

Team supported:
    The only football team to come from Manchester!
    If Puma stop fcuking about with shit sky blue shirt designs and produce a nice solid red one instead it'll confuse the ****'s who ultimately decide where the points are allocated each week..

I'm sure we'll then have every chance..!

andthesunshineband and jamesha like this.
  8. jamesha

jamesha

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I think a lot depends upon the outcome of the FFP issue - if we are exonerated then I can see us riding the feelgood wave to an amazing seaon.

If it is upheld then we might be looking at KdB an possibly others leaving. I think it would be such a blow that we would not have a chance at winning the league despite having no chumps games to play.

All up in the air and a complete mess - I am hoping the club's bullishness about the case is justified but are they naive enough to think proof of innocence will be enough?

BrianW likes this.
  9. levets

levets

Team supported:
    City
    Piss it.

10. the_tevez_wiggle

the_tevez_wiggle

Think it will be close for next 2 seasons. Big characters leaving in ferna, sane, kun, silva even nico and we havent replaced kompany yet.
    Gk - edderson (steffan) solid
    Rb - walker cancelo solid
    Lb - mendy angelino/zinch questionable
    Lcb - laporte (nico sold) needs a backup then solid
    Rcb - stones garcia (needs 1st team import) poor
    Cdm - rodri ferna (need young backup) solid for 1 more season)
    Am - Kdb foden bernado gundogan (if we replaced gundogan next season) solid
    Rw - mahrez (need 1 more) lacking
    Lw - sterling braaf (need 1 more) lacking
    St - jesus kun (need kun replacement) solid for 1 season.
    That's quite a lot of settling in for new players over 2 seasons. Including a brand new spine of team and captains. Will we go for tried and tested ie koulibaly alaba mertens etc or young exciting talents like konate teles diaby isak. Either way it's a big turn around and will be great to watch.

Blu1 likes this.