Will Gundogan ever get the credit and love he deserves?

Not one of our great players have ever received the recognition they deserve. If they wore red shirts though…

Last edited:
Improved us massively on Saturday, got a beautiful view of his pass (from CB1) to Haaland and you just knew he’d score, if Kev fancies a rest on Wednesday I would mind a midfield 3 of Gundy Rodri & Bernie

I'd say he gets the love and credit from many of us right now. Anyone who knows football at all can see that he's a top player, always has been, since Dortmund days.
It'd be kind of nice to have a Dortmund trio by next summer, wouldn't it, with Bellingham making up the trio.

The guy is pure class - both on and off the field. Being able to play at this stellar level after the injuries he has sustained throughout his career is a testament to Gundog's intelligence and perseverance.
How can he be underappreciated by any City fan is beyond me.

Gundo had plenty of detractors on this forum but he has firmly rammed the criticism down their throats , he has been exceptional for the last few seasons and although a different type of player i would resemble him to Gareth Barry a vital part of the team who's influence on the team will not be fully realised until he has to leave the club.
Hopefully he signs a new four year deal and we get to enjoy Mr.Whippy for the foreseeable.

In my view, he is the best technical footballer in the league. He can control the tempo of the game, receive it with either foot, retain possession, nullify opposition attacks, begin our own attacks, pass with the right or left (short or long), score goals and has the vision to assist. In short, there is very little he cannot do. Unfortunately, there is a section of our fanbase that gave him a hard time and, often, that same group look for every opportunity to confirm their initial impression. I suspect that if there was a bit more aggression in his game, they would never have formed their view and he would be a universal favourite.
Not sure he is the best technically but you're right he's very good indeed. Now ghat he's added goals to his game that's the deal breaker for me.
Unfortunately there's parts of our fan base who always pick on a player. I've seen it too many times and it's not funny it's sad, especially in great days like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.