Will Hughes

FantasyIreland said:
WNRH said:
FantasyIreland said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXLmFpGa4BM&feature=youtu.be

Leeds highlights - gives an idea what the fuss is about,he's 17.

Can't see what the fuss is from those highlights, was expecting better tbh.

Really?

Vision,athleticism,strong,brave,playing in a tough Championship and just 17.....

I dont think we have anyone in our academy with his attributes and ability level,not even Suarez,who is more attacking anyway and is 15 months older.

How do you know? The problem with these championship superstars at 17, 18 is that they are thrusted into the first team because they have no one else not because they are special and by the time they are 19, 20 they are found out, peaked and just another average championship player. In the meantime players their same age at a top premier league club have overtaken them and are playing at a higher level and are better all round players.

There is a new top English talent at a championship club playing at 17, 18 every year, has any of them ever gone on to fulfil this world class potential from giddy championship fans?

Nearly all of the players in our EDS (not including shite like Scapuzzi) would be in the first team squads at most Championship sides, the difference in quality is staggering.

Moses is making inroads
Zamora to an extent
Walcott
Bale
Smalling in a weird way
Kevin Davies (haha)
Adam Johnson (for 1 season)
Henderson (im pushing it with him to be honest)
Craig Bellamy
Robbie Keane
Milner?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Moses is making inroads
Zamora to an extent
Walcott
Bale
Smalling in a weird way
Kevin Davies (haha)
Craig Bellamy
Robbie Keane
Milner?

Apart from Bale and Walcott none of them have ever been 17 year old championship superstars who everyone thinks in the next world class talent and they were both wingers, similar to Zaha now, wingers always look exciting and if one is young and homegrown then they can look world class in the championship and poor in the prem. Bale and Walcott have both shown that their potential was merited.

Remember John Bostock?

WNRH said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Moses is making inroads
Zamora to an extent
Walcott
Bale
Smalling in a weird way
Kevin Davies (haha)
Craig Bellamy
Robbie Keane
Milner?

Apart from Bale and Walcott none of them have ever been 17 year old championship superstars who everyone thinks in the next world class talent and they were both wingers, similar to Zaha now, wingers always look exciting and if one is young and homegrown then they can look world class in the championship and poor in the prem. Bale and Walcott have both shown that their potential was merited.

Remember John Bostock?
He was hardly fetted like Bale and Walcott though. It was only knew because Simon Jordan got the hump.
Robbie Keane definitely was a 17yr old championship superstar, he moved to Inter Milan when he was 19
Johnson was also wanted by every premier league team when we got him
The rest you may be right. I know there is more I just cannot be bothered thinking hard enough

BoyBlue_1985 said:
WNRH said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Moses is making inroads
Zamora to an extent
Walcott
Bale
Smalling in a weird way
Kevin Davies (haha)
Craig Bellamy
Robbie Keane
Milner?

Remember John Bostock?
He was hardly fetted like Bale and Walcott though. It was only knew because Simon Jordan got the hump.
Robbie Keane definitely was a 17yr old championship superstar, he moved to Inter Milan when he was 19
The rest you may be right. I know there is more I just cannot be bothered thinking hard enough

The two players you mention though are exactly what i mean.

Keane - went to two top clubs in his career Inter and Liverpool and failed.
Johnson - wanted by everyone but failed and is now at a club bordering on relegation back to the Championship where he starred.

Don't forget we are a top club now, it's very rare that world class or even top class talent are in the championship, if they were that good they would have been snapped up by now.

Not everyone can be world class, you need decent squad players as well but i'd like to think we have talent in our youth set up that can do as good as job as signing this kid for £10m could do.

WNRH said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
WNRH said:

Remember John Bostock?

The two players you mention though are exactly what i mean.

Keane - went to two top clubs in his career Inter and Liverpool and failed.
Johnson - wanted by everyone but failed and is now at a club bordering on relegation back to the Championship where he starred.

Don't forget we are a top club now, it's very rare that world class or even top class talent are in the championship, if they were that good they would have been snapped up by now.

Not everyone can be world class, you need decent squad players as well but i'd like to think we have talent in our youth set up that can do as good as job as signing this kid for £10m could do.

Johnsons head exploded in 2011 and he effectively ended his own career going forwards while he disappeared up his own ass

Robbie Keane was never wanted by Benitez that why he never made it at Liverpool and at Inter was brought by Lippi who was sacked 10 games in to the season. Lippi said Keane was one of the best youngsters he has ever seen play, that man has won some shit in his time!!
keane has had a very good career, Champions League semi final as well, lol

We haven't promoted anyone really and who we have never plays. Hopes for a few but if they were good enough they would get games now and they are not
We are hardly pulling up trees and Guidetti still cant get a look in

Im sure nigel clough would rather sell him to city or liverpool as he played for both I think a lot derby fans want to keep him but if he goes im sure a lot of them would rather see him play for city, barca, liverpool etc etc

I personally would buy him and play him every week yes it will take time for him to get used to playing for city but hell be really good for the future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.