Will Leeds United ever be a top club again?

jimharri said:
manclad said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Leeds are responsible for most of my worst experiences as a supporter in the 1970's. I have no desire to go there again ever!!!
Well said that man.My very own thoughts on Leeds United.
I would suggest that is the experience of most of the older posters on here.
And that is why they are so reviled by most of the older posters on Bluemoon.
Hear hear.
jim
quick question for you always click on the leeds thread just to make sure you have had your input,always makes me smile as did your yaya has he fucked off yet ,
just curious why leeds arnt your favorite club is it over one particular incident or is it everything connected around the Revie era or is it something else all together ?
for me it was the dirty leeds from the 70s i dont like ,just curious what dosnt float your boat ?

lancs blue said:
Leeds now are where they've been for the vast majority of their history - outside the top flight and pulling up no trees. Long may it continue.

Not sure which history books you've been reading mate, Leeds have spent the majority of their time in the top flight.

ftg said:
lancs blue said:
Leeds now are where they've been for the vast majority of their history - outside the top flight and pulling up no trees. Long may it continue.

Not sure which history books you've been reading mate, Leeds have spent the majority of their time in the top flight.

Ok I was being over-optimistic, 49 seasons to 38 and will be 49-39 next season. It's fair to say they did absolutely fuck all in the top flight until Revie arrived.

lancs blue said:
ftg said:
lancs blue said:

Ok I was being over-optimistic, 49 seasons to 38 and will be 49-39 next season. It's fair to say they did absolutely fuck all in the top flight until Revie arrived.
Does that even out a bit more if you consider them to be the re-incarnation of the Leeds City team kicked out of the league in 1919. I think they did 11 seasons all in the second division.

mrtwiceaseason said:
jimharri said:
manclad said:
Well said that man.My very own thoughts on Leeds United.
I would suggest that is the experience of most of the older posters on here.
And that is why they are so reviled by most of the older posters on Bluemoon.
Hear hear.
jim
quick question for you always click on the leeds thread just to make sure you have had your input,always makes me smile as did your yaya has he fucked off yet ,
just curious why leeds arnt your favorite club is it over one particular incident or is it everything connected around the Revie era or is it something else all together ?
for me it was the dirty leeds from the 70s i dont like ,just curious what dosnt float your boat ?
No sweat mtas. Back in the day (when dinosaurs roamed the earth etc, etc, yadda, yadda), that shithole was the nearest I came to a battering. It was january 1979, I was 15 years old (and would shit myself if next door's cat farted) and we'd escaped with a 1-1 (Kiddo with a late equalizer). Well, we were in that paddock in the corner of the ground, right hand end looking from the TV cameras' position. And to get back to the coaches, you had to walk behind that end beside where we were. Anyway; West Yorkshire's finest decided in their infinite wisdom not to hold us back but to let us out at the same time as the local neanderthals. And I was grabbed by one of the inbreds who proceeded to give me a couple of hard digs in the face. Luckily, his mate saw that I wasn't "up for it" and dragged the banjo player away from me. Never went back to that godforsaken tip (apart from a Queen concert in '82). Yes, I do realise that going to football today is nothing like the experience back in the seventies. But I fucking hate that club, and have lovingly nurtured a 36 year grudge against them. And lots of blues of my vintage can tell you similar stories. Fathers going to the game with their sons getting twatted for no reason etc etc. They can rot in hell for me.

jimharri said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
jimharri said:
Hear hear.
jim
No sweat mtas. Back in the day (when dinosaurs roamed the earth etc, etc, yadda, yadda), that shithole was the nearest I came to a battering. It was january 1979, I was 15 years old (and would shit myself if next door's cat farted) and we'd escaped with a 1-1 (Kiddo with a late equalizer). Well, we were in that paddock in the corner of the ground, right hand end looking from the TV cameras' position. And to get back to the coaches, you had to walk behind that end beside where we were. Anyway; West Yorkshire's finest decided in their infinite wisdom not to hold us back but to let us out at the same time as the local neanderthals. And I was grabbed by one of the inbreds who proceeded to give me a couple of hard digs in the face. Luckily, his mate saw that I wasn't "up for it" and dragged the banjo player away from me. Never went back to that godforsaken tip (apart from a Queen concert in '82). Yes, I do realise that going to football today is nothing like the experience back in the seventies. But I fucking hate that club, and have lovingly nurtured a 36 year grudge against them. And lots of blues of my vintage can tell you similar stories. Fathers going to the game with their sons getting twatted for no reason etc etc. They can rot in hell for me.
Thanks for explaining and a fair enough reason .my dislike stems from the thuggary of the revie era and how they used to come to the centre circle and wave ,with their track suit tops and sock numbers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.