Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered fluke/One off?

Re: Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

Rodgers has obviously done a good job but a huge amount of things have gone their way.

And for all the "romanticism" we get beaten over the head with, they have built up 100m worth of debt over the last 2 years.

The fact that everyone is wanking themselves off daily about a 7th placed team winning the league goes to show how large a negative impact a select few clubs, incl. Liverpool, have had on limiting competition in modern football.

Every team that wins the league deserves to over a season and IF they go and win 14 on the bounce no one can argue that.........BUT my god have they been fortunate, injuries, so many fewer games, pens and most recently Vinny scuffed clearance falls straight to them and sterling deflection both game winners.

Just remember Richard Scudamore's comments about the balance they needed and think about the last few weeks referee decisions....

As others have said, you can't win a 38-game season by fluke. Whoever wins it, will have done so on merit.

11 wins on the bounce a fluke, really?

Cityinmyheart said:
Genuine reasons?

1. No extra matches in Europe
2. Early domestic cup Elimination.
3. Luck with Injuries.(Suarez never seems to get injured)
4 .Media love in and bias.
5.Huge refereeing decisions going in their favour.
6.More than fair share of Luck.

Discuss

First of all, nothing has been won. As far as your points:

1. But you and Chelsea have better quality and depth. While you lot have Navas/Nasri/Milner or Salah/Schurle as attacking cover, we have Victor Moses and Jaoe Texeira (if you haven't heard of him, that's the point).

2. Not our fault! It's not like we threw them away. And we were eliminated in one goal losses at Manchester United and Arsenal.

3. You are just flat out wrong to say we've been "lucky" with injuries.

4. We do seem sentimental favorites this season I'll admit. But why the woe-is-me attitude towards it though?

5. Even out over a season etc etc.

6. Come on. What if I said scoring a goal at the 96th minute of extra time is lucky?

If you hate us that's fine. But IF we win it would be fully deserved.

superseiyan said:
Cityinmyheart said:
Genuine reasons?

1. No extra matches in Europe
2. Early domestic cup Elimination.
3. Luck with Injuries.(Suarez never seems to get injured)
4 .Media love in and bias.
5.Huge refereeing decisions going in their favour.
6.More than fair share of Luck.

Discuss

First of all, nothing has been won. As far as your points:

1. But you and Chelsea have better quality and depth. While you lot have Navas/Nasri/Milner or Salah/Schurle as attacking cover, we have Victor Moses and Jaoe Texeira (if you haven't heard of him, that's the point).

2. Not our fault! It's not like we threw them away. And we were eliminated in one goal losses at Manchester United and Arsenal.

3. You are just flat out wrong to say we've been "lucky" with injuries.

4. We do seem sentimental favorites this season I'll admit. But why the woe-is-me attitude towards it though?

5. Even out over a season etc etc.

6. Come on. What if I said scoring a goal at the 96th minute of extra time is lucky?

If you hate us that's fine. But IF we win it would be fully deserved.

Yep, I believe it's part of Newton's 4th law

Actually, no, it's an irrational cliche

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.