Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered fluke/One off?

Re: Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

They are currently the best team in the league imo, therefore they deserve it. You can win a cup with luck, in a league the best team almost always wins.

Every team that has won the Premier League has played in Europe the season they have won it.So it does not seem as though it would be an advantage not to have been in European competition

Not the best team I've seen this season but I think on balance they have deserved to be at the top. We struggled away from home at the beginning of the season as our new manager found his feet and we've had a lot of niggling injuries to key players. They wouldn't be there if Suarez had been out as long as Aguero.

He has built a side with a lot of youth, they play some great football even with a dodgy defence and are good to watch. A fluke? No. Will they do it next season? No.

What it has done though is push another team into the mix which is great for the league. Us, Chelsea, United and Arsenal will all be stronger next season. Add in Liverpool, Everton and maybe Spurs then that's 7 teams fighting for 4 places. No other league in the world is like this.

It won't be a fluke but like Stelling said on Soccer Saturday yesterday, Liverpool will be champions playing the least amount of games by any champion since the 50s.

We could be first team to score over 90 goals and not win the league since West Brom in the 60's as well I think.

It's a fluke season but it won't be a fluke title win, Liverpool deserve it this year.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
They've been the best team if they win it they deserve it. From a team that 7 th to win it is pretty good

I wouldn't regard them as the best. Very subjective word. They have amassed the most points and that's how it works. MANUre certainly weren't the best team last season, but they scabbed more wins and more points. Liverpool have done the same this season.

Who's been better then ???

They've played the best football for me, and won the most games. They deserve to be top

BimboBob said:
Not the best team I've seen this season but I think on balance they have deserved to be at the top. We struggled away from home at the beginning of the season as our new manager found his feet and we've had a lot of niggling injuries to key players. They wouldn't be there if Suarez had been out as long as Aguero.

He has built a side with a lot of youth, they play some great football even with a dodgy defence and are good to watch. A fluke? No. Will they do it next season? No.

What it has done though is push another team into the mix which is great for the league. Us, Chelsea, United and Arsenal will all be stronger next season. Add in Liverpool, Everton and maybe Spurs then that's 7 teams fighting for 4 places. No other league in the world is like this.
Bob on Bimbobob, but it aint over yet, remember the Alamo.. or QPR as I like to call it.
Don't forget Lapool have been 2-0 up and cruising in their last two games and have eventually been hanging on to win 3-2

Not a fluke. They have real momentum and we could have halted their train. We had them by the throat at Anfield and let them off the hook. If they do win it they will have deserved it fully.

They've been very lucky with less games, injuries, and (of course) the refs up their arse. We're better than them and they'll be back hiding in their bins next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.