Will murray win wimbledon?/ serina appreciation society

Re: Will murray win wimbledon?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
pissedagain said:
fetlock just because he was caught out and then says he didn t really mean it etc, does not mean that we will all swallow it

Oh,ffs grow up.
He made a "tongue in cheek" remark which was meant to be humorous, but seemingly the tabloid "red tops",(y'know - the ones everybody on here says are always making stories up),don't do humour and now he hates the English,according to that paragon of accurate journalism The Sun.
Well,frankly,if you're dumb enough to believe the Sun then there really is no point in debating this further.
He's a working-class kid from Dunblane who has,through natural talent,dedication and hard work,has achieved more than any other Brit has done since Fred Perry.
He is still only 22.
But you blinkered bigots you just carry on your infantile hate-fest.
And people wonder why we get labelled "bitters".

well said fetlocks

I enjoy watching him play and think he can only get better

pissedagain said:
fetlock just because he was caught out and then says he didn t really mean it etc, does not mean that we will all swallow it

Oh,ffs grow up.
He made a "tongue in cheek" remark which was meant to be humorous, but seemingly the tabloid "red tops",(y'know - the ones everybody on here says are always making stories up),don't do humour and now he hates the English,according to that paragon of accurate journalism The Sun.
Well,frankly,if you're dumb enough to believe the Sun then there really is no point in debating this further.
He's a working-class kid from Dunblane who has,through natural talent,dedication and hard work,has achieved more than any other Brit has done since Fred Perry.
He is still only 22.

There are 2 sides to every arguement. This is your side is it. Well my side is that he has stated on more more than one occasion about not liking the English. I know a lot of sweaty socks who hate the English but at least they have the balls to stand by what they say and stand for. This weak prick is doing a u turn because his words are coming back to haunt him and he is trying to wriggle out of it. By the way Henman also reached the semi final in case you failed to notice. Typical bitter sweaty sock.

I don't like your kind of English you small time Blimp

long may english tennnis remain in the doldrums if your the sort of fan it'll get

rule Scotannia

kevinmcfc said:
pissedagain said:

Oh,ffs grow up.
He is still only 22.

There are 2 sides to every arguement. This is your side is it. Well my side is that he has stated on more more than one occasion about not liking the English. I know a lot of sweaty socks who hate the English but at least they have the balls to stand by what they say and stand for. This weak prick is doing a u turn because his words are coming back to haunt him and he is trying to wriggle out of it. By the way Henman also reached the semi final in case you failed to notice. Typical bitter sweaty sock.

Henman actually reached 4 semi-finals,but his career is now over.
But,as your obvious racism against the Scottish blinds you to rational ARGUMENT,I shall leave you to your rather sorry tabloid worldview.

kevinmcfc said:

It might be your point of view, but it's spectacularly misinformed. If as you say Murray has said on 'more than occasion' that he doesn't like the English, I'm sure you'll be able to show us some proof to establish this apparently well-known fact.

And by 'proof', I don't mean the tabloid bullshit arising from a joke made in Henman's presence about supporting Paraguay during the 2006 WC (made, I should add, in response to the teasing by Henman and the interviewer about Scotland not being in Germany), that some people can't seem to let go of.

Here is an article by the interviewer at which these alleged comments were made. You'll note that he's writing for the Daily Mail, a paper you can bet your mortgage would be bashing Murray on every occasion were it true.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1194310/DES-KELLY-For-time--Scot-Andy-Murray-traitor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... aitor.html</a>

Sadly, I was instrumental in inadvertently stirring up a lot of this English-hating nonsense. And even as he unveiled his new Fred Perry tennis garb this week, Murray was still dealing with the fall-out from an interview he gave to me in 2006. Every year since I have returned to the subject at least to try to clear up some of the delusions and lies that sprang from that encounter.
Yet there are still people out there - I call them 'the hard of thinking' - who believe Murray still watches England's football matches wearing the jersey of whatever opponents they happen to be playing while muttering Robert Burns poems and plotting a Scottish takeover of Parliament (oh, hang on).

Forgive me if you've heard this before, but before the last World Cup finals I interviewed Murray and Tim Henman together for the first time. Murray was late joining the conversation and dropped into his chair midway through a chat about the impending football World Cup.

Naturally, we immediately teased him about Scotland's absence from the competition. As Henman snorted with laughter, I asked Murray what he would be doing while we all watched the World Cup. Reading a good book, perhaps?

With the appropriate degree of sarcasm, Murray replied by saying he would be 'supporting whoever England were playing against'. So we mocked him some more and moved on. It appeared as a transcript in this paper, exactly as the conversation took place, and the entire exchange was obviously a joke.

Murray received sacks of hate mail, his comments were debated on BBC Radio Four's Today show, grotesque figures like ex-MP David Mellor lectured him on how to wave the Union flag and an endless array of columnists have queued up to stoke the fires of animosity.

The cross-border enmity is usually harmless fun, but where Murray is concerned the joke is somehow lost and the whole debate is laced with a peculiar malice.

He's 'too British' north of that mound of rocks known as Hadrian's Wall, but not British enough according to the fearsome denizens of the shires.

One fabulous post to Mail Online declared: 'Murray definitely said of the rugby that he would support anyone other than England - that is what everyone remembers so well.' Thank you 'Jo from Berkshire' and I hope you find a cure for the amnesia.

so a feds victory is nailed on then? i like roddick he seems like a really good guy.

kevinmcfc said:

Go on then... find the proof of these occasions.

pissedagain said:
ha ha what a great thread, did he win it by the way

did he win it?Course he did.You've not seen tennis like it.Didn't even need a racket.Just used his hand.Arise Sir Andy.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.