Will people cut the Robbie crap?

If he leaves then he leaves with my best wishes. Given his talent I would absolutely love to see him play Champions League football as he has the quality to do so and it is a shame that he is not playing at the highest level. Lets have it out in the open, anybody would want to play for Barcelona at the moment as they are the best team in the world.

I will owe him thanks for the goals, the assists and perhaps most importantly starting off the blue revolution. He will remembered fondly by myself if he chooses to leave. Great player but a luxury to have in your team.

I wouldn't like to see him go and a certainly know superman wouldn't either... these 2 played superb football together last year and i feel (appart from the villa game last week) that ireland has been missing robbie in the team which could explain his loss in form at the start of this season...
Either way, the way we have been playin with the team we have currently got i couldn't be happier. With the size of the 2 strikers we have in ade and santa, all we need is someone who can consitently deliever great crosses

I still think outside of set peices and counter attacks we lack the ability to break teams down, taking away our most creative player won't help things at all. Also didn't we keep a clean sheet in every game Robinho played this season? Although he doesn't track back, teams rarely leave him unmarked, just by being on the pitch he holds 1 sometimes 2 of their players back.

Excellent post worth a debate in its own right
BillyShears said:
Unfortunately, I think we're going to struggle to keep Robbie as it seems Barca are very serious in their interest. Hopefully if he does manage to get the move, we will replace him with Ribery...

I really want Robbie to stay, not nice seeing fans turn on him for nothing at all.

It's mental as he's the best player we've ever had and who knows, maybe had he not been injured we'd be even higher in the league right now?

Be a shame to lose him and be very interesting to see how the clowns react to his replacement, I mean Ribery aside there's no one who can replace him and even then Ribery isn't really a similar player at all, for me.

rickmcfc said:
the problem that i and others have with him is simple. He never tracks back! Bellamy has played in his position for a lot of this season and has helped out with defending a lot, robinho would never do this, dont get me wrong, he is a quality player, but he just frustrates me at times, times when he should score but he doesnt. Put it this way, would we have scored 3 goals at the swamp with him in our side, erm......no. would we have beaten arsenal, certainly not. he would never of done what bellamy did for SWP's goal. to say we should get rid is a little over the top tho, why would we??? i do think we need to play him more upfront though, maybe like this
GIVEN
ZAB TOURE LESCOTT BRIDGE

TEVEZ DE JONG BARRY BELLAMY

ROBINHO
ADEBAYOR

AND BEFORE YOU ALL START GOING WHAT ABOUT SWP, KOMPANY, PETROV ETC ETC, THIS IS WHAT I HONESTLY THINK OUR STARTING 11 SHOULD BE, THEN ROBINHO WOULDNY HAVE TO START TO TRACK BACK AS MUCH, ADE DOES THAT ANYWAY. WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECON, SORRY FOR CAPS

So you dont rate superman then mate?

would be a huge backwards step to let rob go

would send out the wrong msg as well that we cannt keep superstar players happy (even though it wouldnt be accurate)

he is a world class player and would grace any team

its also a squad game and people are forgetting that Bellemy isnt going to play every game with his knees.

robbie (and bellamy) can play other positions not just on the left side so there is no reason why they couldnt play in the same starting 11

If barca are serious about getting him then we may struggle to keep hold of him but that is understandable and if barca do make an offer for him then id expect robbie to be interested as would any player in the world so you couldnt blame him if he wanted to go (especially if he read some of the stuff on this board!)

I seriously hope he doesnt go...he has a huge part to play in our season (and hopefully for many seasons to go)

Selling him because he isn't 'good enough' (WTF?) and selling him because Barca came swooping in are two different things entirely. If Barca were to offer an amount close to the one we paid, you couldn't really begrudge Robbie for having his head turned and possibly moving on.

I would love him to stay though, think he has a big part to play in our future success.

Best thing about the direction this club is moving in is the fact that there really aren't going to be that many clubs that can turn our players heads anymore...

:)

citoeast said:
Even the great teams carry players bursting with flair and innovation who are not workhorses. Robbie fits this bill and will be back from injury fitter and ready to explode on the premiership with last years experience of the premiership behind him.

It is players of Robinho class that lift a team to a whole new level.

I agree with this. He has played three games this year and I reckon he was injured for all of those. Now we have Barry to help the back four Robinho should be moved to the centre where he can express himself in his attacking role that he was bought for and not as a defender. All the top teams have at least one of his type of player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.