Will prices ever drop

That was my point. Should have made it a bit clearer. None of them do food. They are just your normal traditional ale houses. Unless you class pickled eggs at the end of the bar as food.
We have one pub in our village which doesnt do food, the other 5 all do food and have carved out their own niches for types of food (Pizza, Gastro, Tapas/Mediterranean, Traditional English, Curries/Asian). The one that just does beer competes by having the cheapest beer, live music 3 times a week and by far the best quiz night. All of them seem to be doing very well for themselves. Thing is, they are all independent/free houses and owned by local families, rather than owned by a brewery.

I know I'm an old codger and I also know I'm probably naïve but can someone please explain to me why some costs can't be reduced if more people are allegedly working from home most of the time?
If they are working from home the cost of electricity in the offices and the cost of heating the offices must have gone down, plus the cost of office cleaning. (I feel sorry for the cleaners who are losing their jobs by the way.) I realise that the rental still has to be paid but surely someone somewhere is saving money? So why is that not passed on to the underdog, the consumer?

We have one pub in our village which doesnt do food, the other 5 all do food and have carved out their own niches for types of food (Pizza, Gastro, Tapas/Mediterranean, Traditional English, Curries/Asian). The one that just does beer competes by having the cheapest beer, live music 3 times a week and by far the best quiz night. All of them seem to be doing very well for themselves. Thing is, they are all independent/free houses and owned by local families, rather than owned by a brewery.
5 in a village mmm where's that ? ;)

I know I'm an old codger and I also know I'm probably naïve but can someone please explain to me why some costs can't be reduced if more people are allegedly working from home most of the time?
If they are working from home the cost of electricity in the offices and the cost of heating the offices must have gone down, plus the cost of office cleaning. (I feel sorry for the cleaners who are losing their jobs by the way.) I realise that the rental still has to be paid but surely someone somewhere is saving money? So why is that not passed on to the underdog, the consumer?
my daughter works for the DWP and she works here at home, not a large house but we have a large area on the landing where she has set up office, every time i walk past her computer screen is visable so it certainly must be breaching data protection, just another thing brushed under the carpet to get them all working away from the office

The key phrase there is 'most of the time'. Unless you completely shut the office then it still has to be heated and cleaned so those costs are fixed and don't change, whether there is one person in or a hundred. Very few places have gone to 100% home working.

Greedy twats……

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.