Will prices ever drop

My car insurance renewal came in today, the quote for the next 12 months is exactly 50% more (to the penny) than I paid for the last 12 months. There’s a big notice in the email saying not to bother calling them to negotiate as that’s their first and final offer.

The 50% increase is clearly an arbitrary piss take. No crashes, nothing’s changed. No justification at all.

On another note, in my business, we deal with lots of brands and companies big and small. The only company to really, really take the piss with multiple 20%+ price increases since covid is a household name with 80%+ market share, who know they can absolutely get away with it. I’ve spoken to the smaller brands in that niche who use the same factories, and their view is costs haven’t increased much since early 2022, so big hikes last year and this year weren’t needed.

The big brand who have taken the piss are also punting the same products out to the Far East and Africa at circa 90% less than they charge domestic wholesale customers (in UK packaging and from a UK port.)

Make no mistake, UK consumers are absolute fucking suckers in the eyes of many big companies.

Price increases are simply a land grab by those greedy, greedy cunts who think they can get away with it. And most of them do.

Nothing will ever change. Banks, insurance companies, big brands - they’re all in on it.

Nope. Prices will just keep going up. All that’s going to change is how fast they go up.

Do we really need any loose change in our pockets ? the way things are going decimalization of the pence and coins like 2p 5p 10p 20p 50p will go because they are worthless

My local village used to be bouncing nearly every weekend.

Now you're lucky if you see 2 dozen people in the whole of the evening.

Give it 2 or 3 years and the small (proper) pubs, not big eateries, will go to the wall. How can they survive selling 20/30 pints on a weekday?

Weekends just keep their heads above water.
Food I suspect.

Food I suspect.
I think pubs need a reason to get people in. I’m not too far from Prenton Park and matchday crowds seem to keep them going.

As mentioned, food is a biggie too. Whenever I was in Arrowe Park for scans and tests, I made it lunch or dinner afterwards in the Greene King pub nearby. Just going to hospital and back is not a day out.

As mentioned, food is a biggie too. Whenever I was in Arrowe Park for scans and tests, I made it lunch or dinner afterwards in the Greene King pub nearby. Just going to hospital and back is not a day out.
I was told it's dinner and tea on here (you Aussie ****) by one of the bullies :)

As Misty would say.....'just sayin

My car insurance renewal came in today, the quote for the next 12 months is exactly 50% more (to the penny) than I paid for the last 12 months. There’s a big notice in the email saying not to bother calling them to negotiate as that’s their first and final offer.

The 50% increase is clearly an arbitrary piss take. No crashes, nothing’s changed. No justification at all.

On another note, in my business, we deal with lots of brands and companies big and small. The only company to really, really take the piss with multiple 20%+ price increases since covid is a household name with 80%+ market share, who know they can absolutely get away with it. I’ve spoken to the smaller brands in that niche who use the same factories, and their view is costs haven’t increased much since early 2022, so big hikes last year and this year weren’t needed.

The big brand who have taken the piss are also punting the same products out to the Far East and Africa at circa 90% less than they charge domestic wholesale customers (in UK packaging and from a UK port.)

Make no mistake, UK consumers are absolute fucking suckers in the eyes of many big companies.

Price increases are simply a land grab by those greedy, greedy cunts who think they can get away with it. And most of them do.

Nothing will ever change. Banks, insurance companies, big brands - they’re all in on it.
I reduced my car insurance this year after it went up 7% or £15, got it down by £40 with someone else, probably would not have bothered if they had frozen or reduced it slightly.

Name them

Same thing happened to me years ago. Called my broker and he said, "they don't want to insure motorcycles anymore". Sounds like your insurer no longer wants your business.

I take it you've done the obvious and run the proposal through at least one of the comparison sites? I always do this and quite often get a better quote off my existing insurer that way - usually they come up with a shit excuse like they 'forgot to add my loyalty bonus' or some such shite. I think they count on most of us not being arsed to shop around come renewal time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.