Will Sterling get a good reception tonight?

Will Sterling get a good reception tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 141 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 12.4%

• Total voters
Be very disappointed if he got it in the neck, i know he had his brainfarts but he did so much for us.

A player that scored on average almost 20 goals a season from the wing.

Future generations of blues will look back at that with wondrous eyes.

We’re not as dissimilar as you remember. We have a history of booing people for no reason:
Milner
Sturridge
Dickov
Distin
James
Barton

There are City fans who think stuff Yaya’s agent has said means Yaya’s legacy is tarnished and call him a **** for fuck’s sake; one of the clubs greatest ever players.

Distin didn't get given any grief until something happened on the pitch. I think it may have been a small group giving him nonsense when he went to retrieve a ball and he reacted, so then others joined in as they thought he was giving City fans grief. It was at the other end of the stadium to where I was so I don't know what was said. Rather, it was based on what my stepbtrother who was nearby told me. I would think any bitterness stems from him running down his contract down when we didn't have a pot to piss in.

Milner...I thought the reception was okayish. Certainly not widely booed or jeered until he celebrated a Liverpool goal as if it was a CL winner. He was also a bit of a nob during the match.

Barton's a pantomime villain. He will get booed everywhere he goes :) He was booed in one or two games from memory when he played for us (e.g. Newcastle at home). While Sturridge's return does not register with me.

When Dickov returned with Leicester, he got a warm applause from my fading memory at the start of the game. He copped a load of grief after the penalty as he acted as if he had been pole axed by Distin and he was in the City's players faces a fair bit.

We have been quite tame when you consider the grief Sol Campbell, Adebayor and Gareth Barry received returning to their first English clubs.

If you look at SWPs return, he received a standing ovation, even though at the time he left he City he was the only player who brightened our matchdays. I would argue he was more of a hero to us than, for example, Barry was to Villa supporters. The responses were very different.

In my opinion, overall, we are pretty tame when it comes to giving grief to returning players.

Voted yes, I'll be silent as like it or not I'd give him grief when playing for us in his last couple of seasons, half hearted etc

He's not our problem now but, if he gives it out on the pitch I will become vocal.

Hope so. He’s a club legend and only left to get more regular game time, when he could have stuck here and banked his cash

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.