Will Sterling get a good reception tonight?

Will Sterling get a good reception tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 141 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 12.4%

• Total voters
Be very disappointed if he got it in the neck, i know he had his brainfarts but he did so much for us.
He was immense in the 17-20 period for us. I'd hope those that boo him (and there will be some, unfortunately) try to remember that. But I wouldn't bank on it.

And yes, I'm aware that he was very well paid for his efforts. I'd question if money is the motivation to produce good performances for elite players. The likes of Kev, Erling, Vinnie, Sergio, Merlin etc. One season at a club like City will set a man up for life. So, how do they go on producing top level performances year after year?

He was immense in the 17-20 period for us. I'd hope those that boo him (and there will be some, unfortunately) try to remember that. But I wouldn't bank on it.

And yes, I'm aware that he was very well paid for his efforts. I'd question if money is the motivation to produce good performances for elite players. The likes of Kev, Erling, Vinnie, Sergio, Merlin etc. One season at a club like City will set a man up for life. So, how do they go on producing top level performances year after year?
Hes a Centurion Jim. A pivotal player in the greatest Premier League / Football league team ever.

Why not? He played for City for a number of years and contributed to the success. I'm personally happier he moved on, as I think City had outgrown his ability but no reason to disrespect the lad. I heard he bought his sister a house. Sounds like a nice guy. I wish him well.

Dickov used to always get a great ovation when he played against us.

Then the game would start and he'd play like he played every game of his life. Scrapping, arguing, scoring (I think he scored a few against us), celebrating, generally being a pest.

He got booed a few times but generally was subbed off to a great ovation again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.