Will The Derby Game Be Called Off???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Derby Game To Be Called Off???

Dubai Blue said:
not my fault! said:
City would pay to clear the roads if needed, they want this game to be played, I could however see the rags screeming for it to be delayed to give them time to sort their defence out. It will be fine tomorrow.
Who would City pay to do this though? All the available equipment will already be in use as the council try to get the city up and running again. The football will be deemed as non-essential in the grand scheme of things.

Plus, we have a lot of injuries ourselves. A delay isn't necessarily a bad thing.
city won't clear the roads though, the raods were shit and it wasnt as bad as this. plus them cocky pricks that stand in the middle of the road trying to get you into there carpark so they can fund gangland fude dont help. and the arseholes that walk in the middle of the road then throw a paddy when they are bibbed, areholes :)

not my fault! said:
Pigeonho said:
FFS, a bit of snow and the whole country goes into melt-down. A mate of mine has called in saying he's snowed in. He lives where I live and it is 4 inches deep, hardly enough to snow a car in. If you listen carefully you will be able to hear the laughs of our cousins over the pond, because they have REAL snow but manage to keep a normal, daily routine. A few inches over here and its like the world is going to end. Pretty embarrassing really.

Tbf I live in Salford and it's 5" here... I'm snowed in, I cant get in the car never mind move the fucker. Watched 3 people try to get off their drives and I had to go out to help one guy move his car by pushing it after we had dug it out a bit first. With regards to "over the pond" you forget they have this every year and have snow ploughs doing the rounds, even on the smaller roads. I know because my uncle lives in Canada and he is the snow plough driver in the winter for his area seen as he's retired and nothing else to do! No trams, planes or busses near me today either plus the site I'm on has closed for the day due to H&S. So not really embarrassing is it.

is he called mr. plough thats his name that name again is mr. plough

Think the game will be off.

Pal at City has said it is out of club hands- GMP will make the call and they will base it on the surrounding areas and highways, rather than the pitch and immediate stadium surroundings.

News North West this morn are reporting further heavy snow falls for region and suppose the ice factor also has to be included if a thaw begins.

modgeblue said:
not my fault! said:
Tbf I live in Salford and it's 5" here... I'm snowed in, I cant get in the car never mind move the fucker. Watched 3 people try to get off their drives and I had to go out to help one guy move his car by pushing it after we had dug it out a bit first. With regards to "over the pond" you forget they have this every year and have snow ploughs doing the rounds, even on the smaller roads. I know because my uncle lives in Canada and he is the snow plough driver in the winter for his area seen as he's retired and nothing else to do! No trams, planes or busses near me today either plus the site I'm on has closed for the day due to H&S. So not really embarrassing is it.

is he called mr. plough thats his name that name again is mr. plough

Yeh thats him! There was a prog on tele about him ;0) you know the tune too, his adertising campaign must have worked eh, lol.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Pal at City has said it is out of club hands- GMP will make the call and they will base it on the surrounding areas and highways, rather than the pitch and immediate stadium surroundings.

News North West this morn are reporting further heavy snow falls for region and suppose the ice factor also has to be included if a thaw begins.

Exactly.

City may be able to manage access within the stadium grounds, but it's the appraoch roads and general state of the Greater Manchester transport network that will be the deciding factor. If the advice is 'not to travel unless the journey is essential' , the police will call it off. Whether city hire gritters ( where from?) or not is irrelavant.

From where I am looking today, it would take the mother of all thaws to save the match.

mammutly said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Exactly.

City may be able to manage access within the stadium grounds, but it's the appraoch roads and general state of the Greater Manchester transport network that will be the deciding factor. If the advice is 'not to travel unless the journey is essential' , the police will call it off. Whether city hire gritters ( where from?) or not is irrelavant.

From where I am looking today, it would take the mother of all thaws to save the match.
This, This, THIS.

Halfpenny said:
I'm sure City will hire in private gritters.

Well they didn't for the Sunderland game. Whole of Eastlands was like an ice rink... especially the car parks...

levets said:
Halfpenny said:
I'm sure City will hire in private gritters.

Well they didn't for the Sunderland game. Whole of Eastlands was like an ice rink... especially the car parks...
That's true, the south east approach to the stadium was a slushy nightmare. Hopefully they will have learned their lesson but we really need the city council to come up with the goods on the roads and pavements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.