Will they fire Mancini?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
80s Shorts said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It would be wrong to label me as anti-Mancini, mate, certainly someone who has always had it in for him.

As I stated, his likeability is the one thing which puts the reign on me. He is a classy guy.

I simply have more reservations than answers during his tenure, most notably for me, city are a unique one-off in football history.

I do believe many results are in spite of him, not because of him.

We have an extraordinary group of players who can flick the switch on and off when the mood takes.

I still hold doubts the switch remains off too often.

Which is a scary prospect for our rivals!

You cannot seriously say you are not anti Mancini then in the same post say you believe many results are in spite of him and not because of him. Doesnt make sense.

Well it does to me;)

Maybe I phrased it wrong and can concede the contradiction in terms.

Simply put, I feel our squad is so good, there are times when Mancini only has to sit back and admire v cannon fodder.

However, I feel in his basic role as manager, he sometimes does not keep on top of them and crack the whip when needed.

A top racehorse can run fast with or without a rider in situ, but will have a better chance if someone is telling it when to bide its time, when to go, and when it needs to recognise use of a whip.

He's admitted it himself, to his credit, following Everton result, that he can underestimate both his own players and opposition.

I've yet to meet a blue who is anti-Mancini. The only people who accuse it seem to be those who can't accept others may not appreciate him as they do.

The post Everton comments were to deflect from a poor performance as well you know. Thankyou for conceding the fact that you contradicted yourself tho.

danburge82 said:
Stillsy said:
If we fail to win the league this season?

Mancini has changed my mind on him and I love the bloke now where as I had my doubts before. I know we wasn't really expecting to win the title this season but having been in such a strong position for so long we have now thrown it away and I can only think that if we fail to win the league then he is a goner.

With Mourinho lurking and presumably seeking a move back to England then maybe the owners will make it happen?

One thing is guarenteed if we sign mourinho... We will win league titles... However long he stays is another matter but we will have lots and lots of silverware.
If we don't give him a chance to make improvements and rectify mistakes after just one (yes, that's ONE!) title challenge only, then I'll be furious at the owner. We will take steps backwards if we employ ANYONE else. Nothing good comes of sacking managers frequently, nothing!

Agreed. It would be ludicrous in the extreme. I have said all along that next season is the key season to really judge the manager. He has made significant progress again and in many seasons it would in all likelihood have been good enough for the title. If he continues to improve us AGAIN then there is only one outcome next season. If not this. I can wait and changing the manager yet again guarantees sweet fuck all.

No17 said:
Mancio said:
santasa said:
I don't believe he will survive this spring in case of title loss.

I have no idea what to say on that....

you can say that is bullshit coz it is.

not sure it is bullshit mate because he did assemble the most expensive inter team, and won a title because of the calciopoli and all that...and after juve were relegated milan almost caught them as is stated above...and he lost a couple of finals to an inferior roma...he is a one plan manager...he has a fixed tactics he likes to play and finds players according to it...his problem is that he misjudges many of players hence the spending sprees and constant cry for more players, when he, in the eyes of many, has the most devastating strike force apart from real and barca right now, and he can't utilize it to it's full potential...

partly true, but Jose did buy Quaresma and Mancini, he got lucky with Barca and Eto'o and lucky again that Sneijder became available.

He utilised them well enough, but the cards fell into place for him nicely.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
No17 said:
Mancio said:

not sure it is bullshit mate because he did assemble the most expensive inter team, and won a title because of the calciopoli and all that...and after juve were relegated milan almost caught them as is stated above...and he lost a couple of finals to an inferior roma...he is a one plan manager...he has a fixed tactics he likes to play and finds players according to it...his problem is that he misjudges many of players hence the spending sprees and constant cry for more players, when he, in the eyes of many, has the most devastating strike force apart from real and barca right now, and he can't utilize it to it's full potential...

partly true, but Jose did buy Quaresma and Mancini, he got lucky with Barca and Eto'o and lucky again that Sneijder became available.

true but, it takes wits to utilize them...Mancini couldn't

No17 said:
Mancio said:
santasa said:

He's a one trick pony in management. I like Mancini and he conducts himself very well etc but despite 3 titles with Inter he is by no means as popular as he is here in Manchester.

What about the 2006/2007 season could be credited to Calciopoli?

If you add the deducted points for Milan and Lazio back on, the table still looks like this:

1. Inter 97pts (1 loss all season)
2. Roma 75pts
3. Milan 69pts
4. Lazio 65pts

And Milan won the Champions League that season before anyone says it was a poor cast.

No17 said:
Mancio said:
santasa said:

you are too stupid for me to waste my time with you mate. you have got a problem with dzeko and so are trying to undermine the manager who dont play your boyfried day in day out.

regard inter you definitely dont know what you are talking about coz during mancini's tenure inter spent nearly nothing and i challenge you to show the opposite. idiot.

No17 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
No17 said:

he never got the chance to, so that assumption is completely void.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
No17 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

he never got the chance to, so that assumption is completely void.

he never got the chance because he was sacked and two months prior to his sacking he felt under so much pressure that he announced that he will leave regardless of what happens until the end of the season

LoveCity said:
What about the 2006/2007 season could be credited to Calciopoli?

If you add the deducted points for Milan and Lazio back on, the table still looks like this:

1. Inter 97pts (1 loss all season)
2. Roma 75pts
3. Milan 69pts
4. Lazio 65pts

And Milan won the Champions League that season before anyone says it was a poor cast.

Come on mate, there's an agenda here. Discrediting Mancini is the only hope we have

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.