Will they fire Mancini?

I would keep him whatever happens this season. One thing he must stop doing is blaming every bad result on tiredness. The level we are at means that every season we will be playing every 3 or 4 days. Blaming it on tiredness sends out completely the wrong message to both the players and our rivals. It gives the impression that we can't hack it and are there for the taking...

We have a title to fight for. Tiredness is just not an option.

You can't sack a manager for finishing second in only his second full season. How many years did it take Ferguson to win his first league?

jaigurugoat said:
I would keep him whatever happens this season. One thing he must stop doing is blaming every bad result on tiredness. The level we are at means that every season we will be playing every 3 or 4 days. Blaming it on tiredness sends out completely the wrong message to both the players and our rivals. It gives the impression that we can't hack it and are there for the taking...

We have a title to fight for. Tiredness is just not an option.

He doesn't though does he? What about when he comes out and takes the blame and says he got it wrong, have you forgotten about that?

kismet said:
Hopefully not.

Mancini has only made one seriouse mistake.........

"Carlos will not play for this club again"

Fergie and Moyes laughed their socks off, saying what a great decision by Rob however they really were glad to see a quality player consigned to the reserves.

An incredibly daft comment to make.

Now wer'e going flat out to get him fit again!!!!!!!!

And after yesterdays fiasco perhaps we need to get him fit.
And yes I have changed my mind about Tevez,but its only a temporary thing as we all know he`s going in the summer and I can live with that.

de niro said:
They better not. We need stability and continuity. Look at the rags ffs.
Bob has made mistakes but overall he has been brilliant.
Deserves leaving alone .

I have always supported Mancini.
Here Mancini needs to have the balls to admit his team selection (playing a defensive holding midfielder) is wrong.

The FA cup this season was for us to win. Remember we had the scums in our backyard.
Even against 12 man (and w/o Yaya) we could have won if the starting lineup was right!

What happened? We had Kompany sent off because NDJ decision making was poor by making a diagonal pass across the field to be intercepted. What was NDJ's reaction after that?

Mancini

+ Would looks to add maybe 2 more players in Summer, poss another 2 if players such as Ade and Tevez leave, which one balance increases our squad strength
+ We play decent football most of the time
+ Stability maintained if he remains
- European performance has been underwhelming for 2 consecutive seasons (though we're not out of it yet)
+/- Mental strength to be tested in final 10 league games

Mourinho

+ Wins things, though appointing him DOES NOT GUARANTEE US THE TITLE!
+ seen as a big name manager (for attracting players)
+ Media do actually like him, could soften to City?
- Will want his own players, greater minimum spend required
- FFP affected by the above, plus by the pay off fees to Mancini and other staff
- Negative media perception of 'unstable City'
- Bye Bye Balotelli

Personally, I want him to stay and I think it is the right thing to do to be successful. If the rumours grow then the board should come out and state his job is safe and highlight the great strides we have made. It would be a mistake to let him go imo.

And what if Mourinho says no? The media will know and speculate that we were talking, and that will unsettle the squad. What then? Benitez? AVB? Yikes, no thanks!

Today, like a lot of blues, I feel like our season is over - who gives a flying dog turd about the Europe League, and even beating the Scum at home will mean nothing if they still go on and win the title.

But we are still a hell of a lot better than we were last season, or the season before. And really we can't give up, on our title dream or on Mancini and the lads. There is still hope. Let yesterday serve as a rocket up the backsides of some. No media circus, no tweeting, just get out there and win the next 10 league games. Don't talk about it, do it.

Seriously, if I see NDJ or anyone coming out and saying 'We must win the next 10...' I will get very pissed. Seems every time we do that we manage to underwhelm spectacularly in the following game. So shut it and just go and bloody beat the opposition!

King Of All Geordies said:
You can't sack a manager for finishing second in only his second full season. How many years did it take Ferguson to win his first league?
That's an interesting point. As I said, they won't sack him merely for finishing second but they will if they don't feel he can ever do any better. United's board felt Ferguson was the man to deliver them success and knew he had a big rebuilding job. So they gave him time.

If ADUG are happy that Mancini will be our Ferguson then they'll stick with him. But I'm not sure they ever were that convinced, which will have the effect of magnifying any poor run of results we have. When they read that Swansea's team, which probably cost less than Gareth Barry alone, outplayed our much more expensively assembled squad they will wanting answers.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Apart from Balotelli, not many in the dressing room would be too bothered by that which makes me even wonder if our players aren't "doing a Chelsea".
roberto-mancini.jpg

bovver.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.