Will they fire Mancini?

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'd have thought taking an ambitious and well funded club to the pinnacle of the world game for the first time would have been right up his street. And working for one of the worlds most powerful men. And knocking his old adversary off his perch for good.
Part of me wants him to come just to see what it's like to see you back a manager and not second guessing everything with 20:20 hindsight.

I think it would be fun as no doubt a new cabal would form and you would be a clapper.
It wouldn't matter who the manager is at city. If I believe he is wrong or right I will say. Always have done and always will do. That's what football support is about to me and my mates; you get involved , observe and analyse.

It's a bit out of order to say I talk only with 'hindsight' when everyone on the forum knows I go 'balls out' with my opinions on anything , whether popular or not.

Anyway, can't we keep the thread about the issue, not me? It'll only turn into a boiling and bloody pool on an Amazonian river when they all get a sniff.
Come come now. No one senses blood as well as you Dave.

waspish said:
inbetween said:
We've got to where we are this season under Bobby. I don't see why we would ever get rid of him unless we did worse next season. I don't think it matters if we win the league because we have basically been top the entire season and Bobby has shown he has the managerial nounce to guide us to the title.

Certain elements of the squad just need tweaking in the summer and like last year we need a top pre-season and then we'll be sorted. If it wasn't for United we'd of walked this league already and they are in steady decline now, bringing back Scholes and the like shows they don't and can't rely on their own existing midfielders. Obviously they could strengthen but they just haven't got the resources to compete with us.

The only worry for Mancini and his job is if we don't do the business next year in the Champions League as in at least get past the groups because that is the next challenge and this years group was indeed a bit of a blip given we got a team that was in the final a year ago, a team that we beat comfortably and a team that at this moment is beating Chelsea to the quarter finals.

Providing we can stay 2 points at the most behind the scum to the derby i believe we will win that match and then it's going to be a very tense last few games but you have to admit they do have the best run in and they have the experience. Looking at their fixtures i can't see them losing any really except to us.

The way Arsenal are nicking matches at the moment i think we could drop a point there, Chelsea i think we'll win but there are some games you just can't put a score to like Newcastle away.

United could easily slip up too who knows, we have only ourselves to blame though if we do fail to take the title this year, games like Swansea, Sunderland, Fulham and Chelsea away could cost us. Our away form on the whole has been terrible and we have mainly been propped up by the best home form ever seen in the Premier League if we beat Chelsea.

I can't see Mourinho being the solution to fix this, the worst we can do now is take away the manager and leave the same group of players that got the results. Players get results not managers, i strongly believe Bobby is the right man even if we lose against Sporting tomorrow and then fail to win the title.

The tide is turning our way and bringing in another manager will just halt that progress, someone with different ideas and a different mindset of using his players is not what we need.

Great post...there one player that's got em where they are and it Giggs if he had Retied beginning of season we'd be at least 10 points clear he's a rag but he's quality and I can see him around another two seasons he still plays like a 28 year old

I think their main lynchpin has been Rooney. I hate the twat but he has scored some very key goals for them this year. Balotelli has scored one against Spurs and Silva against Arsenal but we haven't had anyone who has been prolific this year. Dzeko has been on and off, Aguero seems to only come good at home. Fair enough it is the lads first year but in a title race you have to be at your best. Tevez has been non-existant and Balotelli still has a lot to learn.

The one player this year who has really destroyed teams and given us a world class edge is Yaya Toure. He's been absolutely brilliant. Why he isn't mentioned more in the press as a player of the year candidate i don't know. Silva has been good but Yaya is a monster.

When push comes to shove i just feel it may just be literally centimetres beyond us. If the scum slip up though of course, happy days! The league is ours. The pressure is no different though, if we can take a superior goal difference and no more than a 3 point deficit into the derby i do believe we will win the league. A draw at the Etihad and christ that'll make a nervy finish.

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
Part of me wants him to come just to see what it's like to see you back a manager and not second guessing everything with 20:20 hindsight.

I think it would be fun as no doubt a new cabal would form and you would be a clapper.
It wouldn't matter who the manager is at city. If I believe he is wrong or right I will say. Always have done and always will do. That's what football support is about to me and my mates; you get involved , observe and analyse.

It's a bit out of order to say I talk only with 'hindsight' when everyone on the forum knows I go 'balls out' with my opinions on anything , whether popular or not.

Anyway, can't we keep the thread about the issue, not me? It'll only turn into a boiling and bloody pool on an Amazonian river when they all get a sniff.
But unlike a piranha attack, a shark kill has a power, grace and beauty which even the victim sometimes is transfixed by ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:

But unlike a piranha attack, a shark kill has a power, grace and beauty which even the victim sometimes is transfixed by ;-)
:-)

Rooney is almost carrying them singlehandedly. Let's get it in perspective though, he's probably the only one of theirs now who'd get in our starting 11. If we lose the title to them it is going to hurt, not just because of who they are, but because of what they are not. It would be hard for the coaching staff to lift the squad and lead a title charge next season after the start we made and the way we outplayed them.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rooney is almost carrying them singlehandedly. Let's get it in perspective though, he's probably the only one of theirs now who'd get in our starting 11. If we lose the title to them it is going to hurt, not just because of who they are, but because of what they are not. It would be hard for the coaching staff to lift the squad and lead a title charge next season after the start we made and the way we outplayed them.

they're one thing we're not.

Effective.

Tempo, pace, width, hunger, desire, work rate.

That's why they only dropped to 2 points during their recent difficult period.

Contrast and comapre to the first match at Swansea at the beginning of our difficult period.

One dimensional, slow, tippy tappy, etc. Swansea did their homework.

The rest is history.

I would only sack Mancini if:

a) We fall away in the league and Man United win it comfortably

and

b) If we had Mourinho as his replacement

No point otherwise as we need some consistency, stability and foundation at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.