Will this challenge make Pep stay longer

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by davek1808, 10 Nov 2019.

1. willipp

willipp

Would his association with the Catalan independence movement not scupper any chances of the spain job?

2. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

That annoying kid on the City videos?

3. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Halesowen... for my sins but Cardiff is home
    Hopefully so but the kids may have to wait until Pep goes before they get a regular run out in the first team

4. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

I think that Brendan is a good shout at present. he plays a similar style which is always a benefit

That said I am sure we have a contingency plan in place for when the day arrives

BosnianBlue likes this.
  5. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

I think he’d like being able to say he’s won the league in each of the top 4 European Leagues. I’m curious now, has any manager done that before? If so, how many? He’ll be thinking of his legacy.

6. Marvin

Marvin

Pep could also stay on at City. There is a great challenge at City.

The squad looks to be largely in place to refresh old players, although there are some doubts, and the Premier League is the place to be:

Liverpool are a fantastic side. Man Utd and Arsenal will recover in time. Chelsea are coming back. I would want to manage here. Pep looks tired though. He lives every moment.

7. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Halesowen... for my sins but Cardiff is home
    Maybe so but taking Juventus to the title is hardly a challenge, i reckon even Fat Sam could do it

8. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

I think that this is the biggest concern for me - Pep puts in 100% effort and because of that he runs the risk of burnout. The good thing is though, that the club back him 100% in return and dont put him under pressure at all. He has the running of the club to his liking

I hope he extends his contract

9. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

I agree with you. But Pep is not immune from having an ego.

Ancelotti has the title in England, Germany, Italy and France.

Mourinho has the title in England, Spain, Italy and Portugal.

If Pep can complete England, Spain, Germany and Italy, then that puts him top of the pile. I can’t think of anyone that has achieved that? Ancelotti had the chance with Real Madrid but didn’t do it.

10. robbieh

robbieh

Rebuild?

Ederson, Cancelo, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Bernardo, Sterling, Rodri, Jesus, Mahrez, KdB, Gundongan, Sane.

That´s 11 players Pep signed , and 2 Kev and Raheem that were bought on his say so. All under 30, in most cases under 25.

Yes we need a dominant CB, but spend a shed load I don´t think so.