Will this challenge make Pep stay longer

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by davek1808, 10 Nov 2019.

1. robbieh

robbieh

If he does go then they're big boots to fill.

Brendan might be in the running. Probably not that popular a choice on here but he´s doing well at Leicester and he is ambitious.

2. city2

city2

He will need big boots with 5inch heels with him being a midget.

3. vincent

vincent

yep that’s exactly as I see it. Sarri short term appointment and Pep will be the next Juve manager.

4. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

5. Cambo

Cambo

He would do a great job here.

6. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Halesowen... for my sins but Cardiff is home
    I know it sounds daft after the couple of seasons we've had but the rebuild is going to take time and a huge amount of money, not sure Pep will be given the amount of transfer funding he'll need or will wait to hang around to see it happen.
    I have no idea when he'll leave but i wouldn't be surprised if he left at the end of this season

7. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

Personally I think he has an eye on the Spain job and doing a World Cup. But I assume the 2022 in Qatar is 1 too soon and 2, will be shit as its in Qatar. The 2026 WC is in the USA/Canada/Mexico. I would put money on Pep being the Spain coach for that.

So what between then and now. I doubt anyone is offering more money than us. And I doubt there is a bigger challenge. I don't see the pull of Juve - its a slam dunk domestic title and then another roll of the dice in the CL. Maybe just so he can tick off another league and big club but is it worth moving your family around for!

I would think with us until Summer 2022 then Spain for the 2024 euro and 2026 WC. He could squeeze another club in there for 2 years if he left us a bit early but I dont see him as the type to squeeze things in.

8. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Halesowen... for my sins but Cardiff is home
    Why go to an already dominant side?
    He'll just win a few more Serie A titles, so what, big deal, Juventus have won the last 8 haven't they ?

9. robbieh

robbieh

Not a cat in hell´s chance he´d be offered the Spain job, never mind accept it. He is a leading figure in the separatist movement. He´s more likely to enter the Catalan parliament than be the Spain boss.

gray740, karen7 and BosnianBlue like this.
  10. Marvin

Marvin

The personnel maybe in place in the squad.

For example, I like what I have seen with Harwood-Bellis and Garcia who seem close to stepping up. Foden is imo already ready to step up, and I don't understand why Pep is not using him more. He has got goals in him, and assists. Rodri may or may not be able to replace Fernandinho in midfield. He is not quick and nimble like Fern, but he is powerful and technically very good. Jesus could replace Aguero. Sterling may also be able to play inside more often.

bluemoon32 likes this.