Will we sign a striker in January ?

Goo said:
It seems to me that we need a new striker not because we need better talent, but because we need someone who will play for (and listen to) Bobby Manc. Much like Balo does/will be doing.

Ade does what he thinks is best from what I can see. Fortunately he can produce real moments of magic. But if every team member listened to the manager, then these "moments" of magic would become "constant" magical times!

As much as the papers can say "Tevez doesn't like Mancini" etc. you can still see that he does what he wants. He's played left/right striker and done it all game long for Mancini when it surely can't be his favoured role.

Milner is the same. People are piping up saying all sorts of shit on here. But at the end of the day he's just come to a new team, and is playing on the wing for the time being while we get back to full fitness. Manc has asked him to do it and he's listening.

Stubbornness will not win games or make you shine more as a player. They need to listen and get over themselves.

Look at Mourinho. Every player in inter last year loved him and played FOR him. This gets results!

Really? Ade doesn't do what he's asked to do on the pitch? Never heard of this to be honest. What i know is him saying wants to play games which is exactly what Torres or Dzeko will want if we're to replace him with either. And out of interest how do you know exactly what Mancini asks him to do on the pitch? Whenever he's played Mancini has backed him saying he's played well and its not as if Mancini's just being diplomatic because he has criticised AJ's selfishness before. Don't forget he was injured earlier on in the season and since he's been given starts, he's taken his chances fairly well with 4 goals so far. He was one of our better players against Wolves as well. I won't lose any sleep if he leaves in January but find this eargerness on the part of some fans to get rid of him as soon as possible quite strange.

redmizzle said:
Goo said:
It seems to me that we need a new striker not because we need better talent, but because we need someone who will play for (and listen to) Bobby Manc. Much like Balo does/will be doing.

Ade does what he thinks is best from what I can see. Fortunately he can produce real moments of magic. But if every team member listened to the manager, then these "moments" of magic would become "constant" magical times!

As much as the papers can say "Tevez doesn't like Mancini" etc. you can still see that he does what he wants. He's played left/right striker and done it all game long for Mancini when it surely can't be his favoured role.

Milner is the same. People are piping up saying all sorts of shit on here. But at the end of the day he's just come to a new team, and is playing on the wing for the time being while we get back to full fitness. Manc has asked him to do it and he's listening.

Stubbornness will not win games or make you shine more as a player. They need to listen and get over themselves.

Look at Mourinho. Every player in inter last year loved him and played FOR him. This gets results!

Really? Ade doesn't do what he's asked to do on the pitch? Never heard of this to be honest. What i know is him saying wants to play games which is exactly what Torres or Dzeko will want if we're to replace him with either. And out of interest how do you know exactly what Mancini asks him to do on the pitch? Whenever he's played Mancini has backed him saying he's played well and its not as if Mancini's just being diplomatic because he has criticised AJ's selfishness before. Don't forget he was injured earlier on in the season and since he's been given starts, he's taken his chances fairly well with 4 goals so far. He was one of our better players against Wolves as well. I won't lose any sleep if he leaves in January but find this eargerness on the part of some fans to get rid of him as soon as possible quite strange.

I never said "get rid of ASAP". I mean he needs to start to think communally instead of just himself. He is a good player of course, but i still think we need someone who like i said, will play for Mancini.

With regards to knowing what Mancini wants them to do on the pitch, just look at him going mad on the touch line every game. Compare that with Carlo Ancelotti.

p.s. I didn't say Torres or Dzeko either...

MrsB said:
I'd personally go for Kevin Davies or Darren Bent for short term anyway both proven prem scorers

Over Torres? Is he not a proven goal scorer?

Tbf I'd go for Dzeko - class player and speaks perfect English - Reckon he could make an impact in PL like Van Nistlerooy did for the rags - so we need to sign him before anybody else.

Goo said:
redmizzle said:

I never said "get rid of ASAP". I mean he needs to start to think communally instead of just himself. He is a good player of course, but i still think we need someone who like i said, will play for Mancini.

With regards to knowing what Mancini wants them to do on the pitch, just look at him going mad on the touch line every game. Compare that with Carlo Ancelotti.

p.s. I didn't say Torres or Dzeko either...

Didn't say you said any of those things just speaking generally. Carlo Ancelotti and Roberto Mancini are two totally different types of managers. Mancini gets animated on the touchline and has a go at ANY PLAYER thats not doing their job properly. Do you honestly think Tevez puts in the effort he does because he loves playing for Mancini? I think not, he's just that type of player. Its a bonus if a player will run into the ground for a manager but what's most important is that they are prepared to go about their job professionally before anything else regardless. Just out of interest which player do you suggest should replace Ade in January ( who will be willing to sit on the bench and not complain )? Getting rid of RSC and Jo won't exactly ''free up'' any first team places because they hardly play anyway.

MrsB said:
I'd personally go for Kevin Davies or Darren Bent for short term anyway both proven prem scorers

In a way i agree with this.
We dont always have to sign world class players from top teams. Darren Bent is a proven prem league goal scorer, wouldnt cost too much either.

Some people piss me off with their attitude that because we have money we must buy the most expensive players. Someone like Bent would be grateful for playing at our club and would give 100%, he wouldnt be in it for the money he would be here because we are better than sunderland and a massive step in his career.

I would love Torres but Bent is a brilliant shout too.

I think we should buy Ronaldo and Rooney and have done with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.